• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canuck, you were paired up with AZGungho. You guys never played?

Since neither you or Lars has seemed to play your first round opponents, I'll switch the pairings so you two can play.

Waltero, congrats! Unfortunately you have outpaced everyone else so there is no one ready you play you at the moment. We need more people from the first round to post their wins. Hopefully they are still playing their games out!

If anyone else has finished their first round, please post here so I can update it and check the initial post of this thread to see who you are paired up against.

I won my game against Zinfandel so I'll match up with whoever else is ready from the Veterans bracket.

Sure thing Tims...........Lars and I are into early 1942 and russia heating up.

Lars Allied and me Axis.

A quick update. Poland fell early as did Denmark, Belgium, France and Norway.

Axis took Tunisia and Libyia (italians) and Vichy France.

Tobruk is an Italian strong hold, Monty's troops took a look see and got a bloody nose and retreated.

July '41 Axis attack Russia and make good ground, also launches offensive in Spain.

Fall of '41 Spain under the axis jackboot.

Winter '41 Axis on the doorstep of moscow, Lenigrad falls.

Mass of Russian troops seen around Moscow, minor skirmishes with losses both sides.

Spring '42 Malta falls to axis forces, AF transfer to the eastern front to add there weight to the fight.

American cruiser spotted near Asores (sp?)

Decided not to go after Eygpt.............mistake or smart.........we will see.

American buildup probable........expect offensive in '43............but where is the question.

The battle continues.

Okay Timskorn. Well I like either side. I was thinking back and forth (Axis or allies.) So, let me do Axis again. Might be able to give you a better fight with a little experience. I had different ideas of things I could have done differently in the first game that I can try here. Konigs was a great tough opponent. Really kept me on my toes...

If thats the way you want to go, let me know. Also have you upgraded to 1.01? I was going to do that. I'll email you also...

See you on the battlefield!

Gunnar destoys Baron!!

I have never seen a forward defense work for the Soviets but it worked for Gunnar. I made the mistake of not being ready to invade the USSR when they entered the war and it cost me.

Gunnar is a fine player he should do very well in the next round!

My salute to Gunnar!

Waltero, you're actually in Round 3! smile.gif You're so far ahead, you have to wait for the outcome of The Real Deal vs. Rannug. As soon as one wins, you will be matched up again for the tournament. Plenty of time to get more practice in! If you need it, anyway, hah.

• 1 month later...

Timskorn, in the unlikely event you are short of opponents or if people drop out then I would be very happy to join in at whatever round either newbie or veteran. probably too late and I should have had the balls to commit sooner. but if you need the numbers then let me know or email at minty at rocketmail dot com

I've played a quite a few human opponents now at WaW and sadly think it is flawed.will be happy to display how by kicking anyones ass at it.

Nice! Yes, actually I'm sure I'll be able to fit you in. The tournament was meant for fun, to get a jump into WaW and isn't too structured. So if someone finds themselves without an opponent soon, I'd be more than happy to put you in. You could even be slotted in for the final match of the Veterans bracket. Whoever wins out of Canuck and Kman(or myself), could go on to face you as the last challenge. And based on your claim that you can destroy anyone, it should prove to be a good final match. smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Round 1

-------

Veteran Group

-------------

Lars vs. Canuck_TAR (Canuck_TAR)

The K Man vs. Konigs (THE K MAN)

Tim vs. Zinfandel (TIM)

New Players Group

-------------

Kuniworth vs. Moonslayer

targul vs. Sandy

Rannug vs. Baron (RANNUG)

lparkh vs. The Real Deal (THE REAL DEAL)

Waltero vs. Normal Dude (WALTERO)

Bylandt vs. Lothaire (BYLANDT)

Round 2 - New Players

-------

Waltero vs. Bylandt (WALTERO)

Rannug vs. The Real Deal (The Real Deal)

Round 2 - Veterans

-------

Timskorn vs. The K Man (The K Man)

Round 3 - Veterans

-------

The K Man vs. Canuck_Tar

Round 3 - New players

-------

Waltero vs. The Real Deal

Wild Cards

-------------

DAK_21PzDivision