Why are my Teams Spreading out so Far?

I have noticed that so many people nowadays don't know the difference between "to" and "too". Sadly, living in the Dictatorship of the Semi-literate this kind of behaviour has become the norm rather than the exception.

Oh sorry, you meant the spreading out behaviour introduced in Engine 4 because so many people moaned about their pixeltuppen bunching up. Well, as Dartford Mick and the Tax Dodgers once sang "You can't always get what you want. But you might just find, if you moan too much, you get something, you don't really need, ooh baby baby."

On a more prosaic note, it don't look 40 yards to me; more like 16 or 17.

9 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Yes, though not to the extent you present here. How far they spread may be dependent on terrain; I notice that in this example they are on open terrain with no cover or concealment. In closer terrain, like forests, they stay closer together. This may have something to do with ease of communication between the teams.

Oh, and BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with what Warts says about 'to' and 'too' along with the many other barbarisms that have become common since the rise of popular telecommunications.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Oh, and BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with what Warts says about 'to' and 'too' along with the many other barbarisms that have become common since the rise of popular telecommunications.

Michael

ahem, as a telecom engineer I object.  Telecom is primarily audio and has nothing to do with illiteracy.  Blame spell check, texting and social media for it if you want.

I've notice teams spreading out quite a bit, but I quite like that behaviour - it means you don't have to split them manually as often.

Having said that, it unusual for them to spread 40m apart, unless you give them a really long Quick command, and they get spread out along the way. As long as the movement command isn't cancelled, they usually bunch up again to within 2-3 action squares at each waypoint.

Avoiding this is what the "Combine Squad" command is for.

The four man squad above (presumably has taken losses) is split over two action spots because they are in two teams of two. Combine Squads would make that one team of four, in one action spot.

Why they're far apart? If the squad has taken losses you'll see that, and particularly if they'd taken losses to the centre of three teams. Otherwise they're just taking up covered positions where they find them, and each time has found a position in an opposite direction.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, weapon2010 said:

the video is a 4 man team, i was reffering to another game where a 2 man team was 40 yds a part

The video shows two two-man teams in two adjacent action spots, which is completely normal.
(Thanks domfluff)

One thing I have noticed with some frequency is the old "separated man bug" has come back with a vengeance, most likely related to the new "corner peeking" behavior, as when the team moves out while one man is busy crawling to a corner to peek around it, and he gets left behind while the rest of the team moves to a new location.

This is now happening so often I notice it every single time I play the game, where it used to happen maybe once per scenario.

5 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

The video shows two two-man teams in two adjacent action spots, which is completely normal.
(Thanks domfluff)

One thing I have noticed with some frequency is the old "separated man bug" has come back with a vengeance, most likely related to the new "corner peeking" behavior, as when the team moves out while one man is busy crawling to a corner to peek around it, and he gets left behind while the rest of the team moves to a new location.

This is now happening so often I notice it every single time I play the game, where it used to happen maybe once per scenario.

Yes, I had it too often the last time I attempted Montebourg, I gave up after five missions, despite them being fairly comfortable wins, both it, and the gap charging, made playing the campaign too much hassle.

But, when things are all fixed I shall return, as MacArthur said to that brothel keeper in downtown Manila ... Allegedly.