Best shot ever

Nice shot but unlikely in the extreme. It's true that the four vehicles were thin skinned and the SU-85 was a high velocity AP of considerable power, but aside from their armor, there was other stuff, like engine blocks, guns, etc. that would have deflected the round if not stopping it entirely.

But what the hell, you sank a hole in one. Enjoy your fabulous luck while it lasts.

:D

Michael

9 hours ago, Canada Guy said:

I have never seen 1 tank take out 4 targets with 1 shell. SU-85 vs 3 x Puma and 1 x 250/9

In all the 20 odd years of playing CM games, that's the first quadruple kill I can remember ever being reported.  Congrats!

Hope you saved the turn for posterity.  The Smithsonian will be calling one day am sure.

Edited by Erwin

11 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Nice shot but unlikely in the extreme. It's true that the four vehicles were thin skinned and the SU-85 was a high velocity AP of considerable power, but aside from their armor, there was other stuff, like engine blocks, guns, etc. that would have deflected the round if not stopping it entirely.

Michael

This +10...more then likely, when all is said and done, a Round would likely penetrate first vehicle and maybe hit the vehicle behind (with possible penetration).

I think it's just a Game Mechanic Quirk/limitation/Over site issue.   

I love how each shot is modeled in terms of where it goes until it stops. I remember playing a game where the lead tank in a column of IS2's got into a gun duel with a Tiger II. The Tiger II fired first and I heard that CLANG-UNK sound, but when I checked the lead tank it was fine. It wasn't until the next time I tried to plot a move for the next IS2 in the column that I discovered it had been knocked out...by the shot that missed the leading IS2...