Integration of MANPADS integrated into TO&E's of the various forces c. 2008?

Sequoia

Note I know no "additional" features will be added to CMSF other than what engine 4.0 brings intrinsically. Nor to my knowledge has BFC has hinted at any Manpad  inclusion into the updated game. This is just a general informational query. Thanks.

That's all right, I deserved the jest. Anyway to clarify, for example back in my day (late '70s), the Redeye guys were a battalion level asset in our heavy artillery battalion. I never once saw any of them go out with our battery on maneuvers. Probably because they would have nothing to do.  I'm asking in 2008, the CMSF timeframe, had they been further integrated down the chain of command to company or even platoon level and in which armies ? I don't think they'd be like Javelins and just carried along in the APC for anyone to use as in US Army (but not USMC) usage. Interestingly, IIRC the Redeye guys I talked to said they had only fired a Redeye once or twice in training. The rest was all simulator training.

Certainly not common in the British Army - the in-service system is (and was at that time) Starstreak. Air Defence units in the British Army are cap badged Royal Artillery, and realistically that would probably translate as an Air-Defence Battery task-organised as part of a Brigade Construct. I can't imagine any of the other NATO elements in CMSF would have anything more generous than this air defence-wise.

I have the same question.

Doing some little research, looks like, in addition to US of course, FIM-92 Stinger is listed as used by United Kingdom too. Stinger is used by Germany and Netherlands. Stinger is produced under license in Germany by EADS. I still did not understood exactly what the Canadian army is using if it uses anything.

Syria did have before the war:

• 9K32 Strela-2 (SA-7 Grail)
  • 9K38 Igla (SA-18 Grouse)
  • 9K34 Strela-3 (SA-14 Gremlin)

We can imagine uncons would have accessed to them. Chinese FN-6 has been spotted in Syria but this was during civil war (2013) so this is clearly out of scope of the game.

What I am still searching is at which OOB level they were employed in 2007.

And, this is of subject, I must start perhaps a new thread to discuss, but does Stryker or Bradley have any AAA capability? I am asking this because I have read the BMP-2 30 mm cannon can be used effectively against helicopters and slow flying aircraft.

Edited by ncc1701e

17 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

Doing some little research, looks like, in addition to US of course, FIM-92 Stinger is listed as used by United Kingdom too. Stinger is used by Germany and Netherlands.

I dispute that - I served in the British Army at that time and never saw a Stinger, never heard it being talked about as an in-service weapon system, never saw it listed in any of the 8005 Establishment Tables, or saw it as a weapon system in any of the battlefield simulations in service. Furthermore the Staff Officer's Handbook of that time does not list it at all. It is vaguely possible that SF types might have had it but even if they did, they are not in the CMSF TO&E so it is a moot point.