The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

This is a Grade One Miracle for the family involved. There have been numerous cases where the police busted in the wrong door, the homeowner tried to defend (in one instance, while in the tub), only to be shot and severely wounded or killed by the police, who were not charged or, in many cases, even dealt with administratively. Here, the shoe was on the other foot, and rightly so.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/charges-dropped-against-couple-who-shot-deputy-after-da-rules-it-was-self-defense/

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

2 hours ago, John Kettler said:

May I take it you do this sport?

Yeah.....But I've not been out for a proper session in quite a while.  :(

401944463.jpg

I fly an old 10m Flysurfer Speed I (above), 15m Peter Lynn Guerilla II, 13m Peter Lynn Venom II & a whole bevy of fixed bridle kites; I've got full quivers (all the sizes) of Flexifoil Blade IIIs & MAC Para Begos.  B)

PS - I also fly a Revolution.....Probably the most agile and generally capable kite ever created:

That's not even half of what they can do.....Check this out:

Here's something you might like (Benson Airbow):

I'd kill for one, but I don't think they were ever marketed in the end.  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Artist Alain Bousquet did this clever riff on the famous Hokusai woodcut.

tumblr_p2xc03Gyok1v1jf78o1_1280.jpg

But the real fun and science are here, in a series of demonstrations showing exactly why when someone's been stabbed or impaled, you do NOT extract the knife/arrow/bolt, fence rail, etc, without trained medical personnel, preferably in a trauma unit.

https://www.tumbex.com/dexer-von-dexer.tumblr/post/169710834654/stem-stims-physics-more-pencil-tricks

If this person is your ride or die SO, then you'll be fine. Suggest you don't EVER cheat!

tumblr_pqm51s26cC1wu9cza_540.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Memorable, effective advertising through positive association and strong emotions. If only the people who run the distillery had the wit to do so. Of course, it would give a certain societal segment absolute apoplexy.

tumblr_pdbsy3Dvs51t6i8yf_1280.jpg

Some simply aren't suited for fatherhood.

tumblr_pn7ch9kNdW1v1743l.mp4

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

7 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Memorable, effective advertising through positive association and strong emotions. If only the people who run the distillery had the wit to do so. Of course, it would give a certain societal segment absolute apoplexy.

tumblr_pdbsy3Dvs51t6i8yf_1280.jpg

TBH, at first glance, I thought this was a feminist Molotov cocktail!  :lol:

Hadn't the faintest idea what this was when I saw it. Turns out it's a Victorian period fortune telling exploding box. Sourced from a Tumblr called inthefollies

tumblr_o3zlhxQZp81qzoh00o1_500.jpg

Here, though is something truly extraordinary and appalling.

tumblr_miuni7t6QT1rgbm67o1_500.jpg

ramirezbundydahmer:

When the Nazi concentration camps were liberated by the Allies, it was a time of great jubilation for the tens of thousands of people incarcerated in them. But an often forgotten fact of this time is that prisoners who happened to be wearing the pink triangle (the Nazis’ way of marking and identifying homosexuals) were forced to serve out the rest of their sentence. This was due to a part of German law simply known as “Paragraph 175” which criminalized homosexuality. The law wasn’t repealed until 1969.

Bizarre as the below pic looks, it also is similar to an actual CIA technique used to smuggle compromised agents out of denied areas.

tumblr_nxaqu7L82N1sv0y05o1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

2 hours ago, John Kettler said:

As fashion (in this case, frat boy)  goes, this is pretty tame, but I still don't get it. In fact, I find it bizarre.

If you begin with the assumption that frat boys are just dumb, then it all becomes clear. Some do recover from the experience eventually, but during the time of their incubation they would best be incarcerated in a maximum security facility. Or perhaps simply disemboweled.

Michael