KICKSTARTER FOR NEW OPERATIONAL LAYER GAME!!!

kohlenklau

This game is in development and will include Eastern Front fighting aimed to use CMRT to resolve the tactical layer.

The kickstarter is active!

Please swing by and make a donation if you evaluate this as a worthy venture!

Thank you for your consideration and please spread the word to any other war gaming websites out there.  :D

https://www.kickstar...ations/comments

Address_zpsfyz2btak.png

Patton_zpsr9ogtyba.png

Edited by kohlenklau

I'm in...  Not only has an op-level component for CM long been a dream for me, but I've also never understood why more wargame companies don't use the kickstarter model for projects like this, so I can kill two birds with one stone with this one!

More personal editorial:

So, Orville and Wilbur have these plans to build a flying machine but need money. They decide to use kickstarter to raise the money for the wood and canvas and those old time caps they had to wear.

Some guy says, "I want to see the plane first..." 

The money is needed to build the plane dude!

Maybe not the best analogy but it is in response to some folks who seem to think we have this fired up beta version with graphics and sounds to show them.

Kickstarter has some risk. Please read up on it.

But Matt is a commissioned officer in the US Air Force. He is not some real estate scumball who will be in Mexico spending your donation on booze and broads.

He has already spent several thousand of his own money on this and volunteers have spent their own time uncompensated.

Now we need to escalate up to the paid workers with a contract of what they will do and performance specs. 

You want polished UI and graphics and advanced AI. Cha-ching. It costs money.

I am gonna go and sift through that older thread and track down any folks who WERE interested before and make sure they know we are live. People come and go in the forums.

We have hit some other websites as well. But I think the core of our support could be right here at the BFC forums. 

Anybody who can donate, thank you, please drop a post here if you donate so we can thank you.

Yeah, to quibble about this graphic or that feature misses the main point, which poesel has pointed out--to get an interface into CMx2.  

Choppinit and others have already spent ALOT of time on this, and if this doesn't fly, there's a good chance we'll never see any kind of op-layer or interface for CM.  So if you have the slightest interest in either of these, please chip in and help see this through...

Yeah, to quibble about this graphic or that feature misses the main point, which poesel has pointed out--to get an interface into CMx2.  

Choppinit and others have already spent ALOT of time on this, and if this doesn't fly, there's a good chance we'll never see any kind of op-layer or interface for CM.  So if you have the slightest interest in either of these, please chip in and help see this through...

yeah pretty much.  If we do not meet the goal, the only conclusion is there is not enough interest to make it financially viable.  Sad statement for us all considering how much expressed interest there has been on this forum over the years.

Uncle Matt needs you!  (Kohenklau, can you supply the proper graphic?  No not the Kate pic..sheesh.)