Arena intercepted Tank shells

Nercon

touche sburke that definitely falls under abobe the tank but i wonder wouldnt aps still intercept when the missile was at a 45 degree angle from the tank? or less?

that second pic is that the blast effect from the tow 2b or an arrow you drew superbly well?

Edited by Sublime

I actually caught that in a game while testing.  Total fluke and luck. The downstroke is straight from CM, that is not photoshopped, otherwise the tank commander might have ended up being Kim Kardashian.

I don't know the technical specs for any of this stuff.  I am strictly a player.  I'd be curious as to how high a weapon can be intercepted, the speed and the angle.  I have had close proximity Javs get stopped, but that was when they were in an almost direct fire mode it seemed.

(by the way in case anyone it interested, that is from poking the bear.  I don't remember if it was Brad or Stryker launched.

Edited by sburke

Yeah I don't think arena can actually deal with the TOW-2B.

Reading into this now and discussing it with ikalugin off-site, it seems that the radar is totally able to detect it but due to how Arena works, its a matter of the defensive projectile getting into the correct position to engage the incoming missile while still maintaining the TOW in the radar's field of view.  The higher the TOW, the further out the launch would have to be attempted, and thats assuming the Arena is going to waste a shot versus what would 99% of the time NOT be a TOW-2B anyways, and instead be a ATGM that is going to outright miss its target!

Honestly, you may be right.  This is a pretty unique situation given the function of each system in question.  

(Trade you Abrams roof durability for Arena TOW-2B vulnerability? :P )

Edited by Nerdwing