Will briefing sizes be fixed for this module? This is really important actually.

Destraex1

Save my eyes from straining at the tiny text and briefing pictures. Have been asking for this for a while and believe it is a really basic requirement.

It certainly stops me from reading the briefings a lot of the time because my monitor is not an old 1024 x 768 one.

Also would be nice to be able to hold down a hot key to speed over the map with the cursor. Some maps are a real challenge to get over fast.

Time is both money and holiday leisure time is worth double.

I really hope that these features will get the attention they deserve. They are not just window dressing but affect the basic functionality of the game.

Everything else including the new features I have been watching in Chris ND's videos look amazing and have got me interested! Thus my request for the features above.

This game is one of a kind and with no hint of close combat 3D and what it will bring there is simply nothing like it!

P.S. Terrain still looks shocking. I hope the textures are changed for this modern iteration.

P.S.2. Does this one have a proper campaign map this time around to bind the campaigns properly. I remember reading about campaigns being more advanced and playable this time around.

Edited by Destraex1

Save my eyes from straining at the tiny text and briefing pictures. Have been asking for this for a while and believe it is a really basic requirement.

It certainly stops me from reading the briefings a lot of the time because my monitor is not an old 1024 x 768 one.

Also would be nice to be able to hold down a hot key to speed over the map with the cursor. Some maps are a real challenge to get over fast.

Time is both money and holiday leisure time is worth double.

I really hope that these features will get the attention they deserve. They are not just window dressing but affect the basic functionality of the game.

Everything else including the new features I have been watching in Chris ND's videos look amazing and have got me interested! Thus my request for the features above.

This game is one of a kind and with no hint of close combat 3D and what it will bring there is simply nothing like it!

P.S. Terrain still looks shocking. I hope the textures are changed for this modern iteration.

P.S.2. Does this one have a proper campaign map this time around to bind the campaigns properly. I remember reading about campaigns being more advanced and playable this time around.

Pretty sure the unscaling text is a product of the OpenGL programming environment which they're not quitting just yet.

You can Ctrl-click to rapidly move around the map. With the trees turned off, my venerable (in computer terms) doesn't chug across the map unacceptably slowly, though, so I hardly ever use it.

I don't remember reading any major announcements about serious architecture changes for campaigns. It's certainly not highlighted as a new mode in the BS page on battlefront.com which does say "Note: Black Sea uses Version 3 of the Combat Mission game engine. Consequently new features are focused on bringing our modern equipment up to date as opposed to general engine changes."

In the short term you can open a scenario in the editor and download the briefings etc. Not ideal but means you can look at them in larger scale or print em off in large text for referring to whilst in-game..

Out of curiosity do your rescale your display in CM? i.e. downsample?

I leave CM on the best quality and the correct desktop resolution. My monitor is 1920 x 1200. Not 4k or anything insane. Although I have a lot of friends are getting 4k. Cannot imagine what a briefing looks like on 4k monitors.

I don't understand why they cannot just include 50 different briefing bitmaps and call the resolution you are using from the .ini file to determine which one to show.

It's not like their are hundreds of scenarios included and one could develop a batch tool to generate them. The master of course would have to be created out of game by the sound of it. Or by the game downloading them outside of the game and batching open mspaint to create the new files.

The mission files should be created at the highest resolution possible and THEN zoomed in on.

Edited by Destraex1

One slightly pain in the ass way around the issue is to set the in-game resolution to 1024 x 768 in the options menu, read the briefing, then change it back to desktop resolution. It's a PITA because you have to exit the game each time you change it, but it works.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried this method?

1. From the briefing screen, hit print screen

2. alt tab out of the game

3. open up a blank word document and paste?

Then zoom screen to 500%. 

Admittedly you have to do each page but it's easier than eye strain and it only takes a few keystrokes.. 

Works with Win 7 and Office 2013. Don't know how it would work on a Mac.

It works on SF, but obviously I cannot try BS yet. 

Edited by Jim1954