A few questions about artillery

BlackMoria

A few questions about artillery.

Artillery can 'record' a target after firing it and then re-engage that target again with greatly reduced response time. Will this be reflected in the game?

Artillery can fire 'fire plans', coordinating a series of targets over a short time frame, usually set to a particular times/timings. Will this be in the game?

ICM and DPICM ammunition have been out for a while. I know precision strikes are in the game but these are advanced lethality artillery rounds capable of covering a larger area with submunitions and capable of affecting both soft and harden targets. Will there be ICM/DPICM in the game?

Will the US forces get SADARM munitions (the M898 projectile) for the 155mm gun systems?

Artillery can 'record' a target after firing it and then re-engage that target again with greatly reduced response time. Will this be reflected in the game?

I think the Target Reference Points (TRPs)in the game will work just that way.

Artillery can fire 'fire plans', coordinating a series of targets over a short time frame, usually set to a particular times/timings. Will this be in the game?

Not as far as i know. Possibly you can use pre-battle TRPs though to achieve a similar effect.

ICM and DPICM ammunition have been out for a while. I know precision strikes are in the game but these are advanced lethality artillery rounds capable of covering a larger area with submunitions and capable of affecting both soft and harden targets. Will there be ICM/DPICM in the game?

Will the US forces get SADARM munitions (the M898 projectile) for the 155mm gun systems?

Good question.

I was told a little anecdote during the summer by a serving officer in the British Army. It was about how you always say "Say again, over" when you don't hear what the other party was trying to tell you over the Radio. Because "Repeat, over" as athe response to "Mission complete" from the battery means shoot the same mission again. Which wasn't much good for the units advancing into the position that had just been stonked.

Now, this was just a training exercise, but even training rounds weren't supposed to be falling on friendlies...

So a "repeat mission" option doesn't seem to much to ask for, when a portion of comms protocol is designed around that function.

I think the Target Reference Points (TRPs)in the game will work just that way.

What he is asking for and what TRPs do are quite a bit different.

A TRP is preplanned and in the game something that you would set to a location during deployment.

Remembering target points would create dynamic TRP by calling artillery on the point during the game.

So if, for example, I call a barrage of off map artillery on a forested ridge to knock out some ATGMs. The first artillery call would take 10 minutes to come in on target because the FO has to send all that info to the battery. However, if I find that after the shoot there are still operational ATGMs I could call down a repeat of the previous mission in a much shorter time (lets say 4 minutes) because the battery already has all that information.

What he is asking for and what TRPs do are quite a bit different.

A TRP is preplanned and in the game something that you would set to a location during deployment.

Remembering target points would create dynamic TRP by calling artillery on the point during the game.

So if, for example, I call a barrage of off map artillery on a forested ridge to knock out some ATGMs. The first artillery call would take 10 minutes to come in on target because the FO has to send all that info to the battery. However, if I find that after the shoot there are still operational ATGMs I could call down a repeat of the previous mission in a much shorter time (lets say 4 minutes) because the battery already has all that information.

Essentially he's asking to create priority targets, whereby the targeting data (at least on a Paladin) is stored on the gun and if not shooting said mission will be laid on by said piece drastically reducing reaction times.

I'm also pretty sure SADARM had too high of a dud rate and is being phased out.

The Tacops game, whose demo I played years ago, had the artillery recording all targets fired upon, as in real life I suppose. Basically creating a TRP every time you fire a mission. I seem to recall BFC saying they didn't do this in CM because they wanted artillery to be simplified in its function and not too overpowering- at least in the WWII games.