New Terrain Mod for CMRT

Hi all,

I have a new terrain mod for CMRT. Sadly there are no new textures, all of these come from the base game. What I have done however is tweaked the color on most of the tiles in the game, to create a more harmonious color palette. The end result is something I find more aesthetically pleasing then the base game, and allows you to "blend" the different tiles together to create a more realistic representation of fields/plains/farms and such. It is up at CMMODS and is being uploaded to the repository.

Link: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5312/details

I recommend using the Desaturated Tree's Mod, Aris Horizons and Kieme's Buildings with this mod. (screenshots do not include these)

Here are two before/after shots:

qZ1BNlK.jpg

rVLzbI2.jpg

ukvrFEU.jpg

jAwp0d3.jpg

wow, just with some color tweak ?

going to Dl these right now and pray you do the same With BN to destroy the "brightness"...

good work and thanks for sharing...

Ps : i'm not sad you didn't include new textures at all, i love to stick a maximum to original art from the devs

wow, just with some color tweak ?

going to Dl these right now and pray you do the same With BN to destroy the "brightness"...

good work and thanks for sharing...

Ps : i'm not sad you didn't include new textures at all, i love to stick a maximum to original art from the devs

I've done the same with all 3 WW2 games in the CMx2 series... in fact the first thing I do when I install a new game is go through the textures and start tweaking the colors! A lot of this mod is based off work I did for CMFI in order to produce a better color palette for that game as well... The CMFI mod will be released before BN, as I don't play BN much at all anymore. I'll get there eventually though!

I can't take credit for that one, the water was yanked from Aris Terrain Mod and isn't part of my mod, just something I have in my mods folder. The last set of screenshot has that, plus Kiemes(I think?) desaturated tree mod and Aris Horizons. My first two posts of screenshots are with no other mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...