Immersion question

ricroma

Hi!

I see that there are several uniforms mods out. My question is: to add historical immersion I really would like the possibility to have a "mixed up" result. Especially for the german army, I think it was really common to have different uniforms (maybe I'm wrong). So I was wondering if:

a) there's any mod that add this "random" factor.

B) if I install different uniform mods I will end up with a random outcome.

Don't know if I make myself clear. Thanks anyway for any answer.

Ricroma

Yes, CMBN allows this, but it maybe necessary to make some changes manually. This is rather simple to do. As example, the original file for a german officer uniform is "german-officer-uniform-m43.bmp". If you now have downloaded a mod for the officer uniform, you name the second file "german-officer-uniform-m43 2.bmp", the next file "german-officer-uniform-m43 3.bmp"...

Works for all German uniforms, but I'm not sure about the upper limit. Double-digits shall be possible, but I have not tested on my own.

For renaming do I not put a _ before the number?

And do these bmps need to be in the same folder or can I just have a separate variant folder and the game is smart enough to "put it all together"? based on file names?

And does it matter how many subfolders a brz or bmp file is under or will the game still find it as long as it's under z?

Oh ya and also, does the game automatically assign similarly numbered bmp "pieces" of a vehicle together? (i.e. panther_g_hull 2 and panther_g_turret 2) or is there a chance it could screw up and stick say panther_g_hull 2 with panther_g_turret 3?

thanks

For renaming do I not put a _ before the number?

And do these bmps need to be in the same folder or can I just have a separate variant folder and the game is smart enough to "put it all together"? based on file names?

And does it matter how many subfolders a brz or bmp file is under or will the game still find it as long as it's under z?

Oh ya and also, does the game automatically assign similarly numbered bmp "pieces" of a vehicle together? (i.e. panther_g_hull 2 and panther_g_turret 2) or is there a chance it could screw up and stick say panther_g_hull 2 with panther_g_turret 3?

thanks

nox...

1) No, just a space before the number.

2) Yes, it will use the original game bmp name, unless somewhere in the z folder you have amod with that name. The game reads the z folder first, before all othe folders. And it will read infinite number of z folders...always striving to start reading from the end of the alphabet, if you get my drift. I have a zzz folder within the z folder...when I mod a mod, I throw it in the zzz folder, and the game reads the modded mod in the zzzi folder first.

3) Basically, no, but if you have another mod with the same name by chance, it will read the one in the subfolder that is named with either the "highest" letter of the alphabet, or highest number. See above.

4) I used to know, because I trieds it when one of the first, none Aris armor mods came out. I believe it does mix them, but can't remember.

mjkerner: I found your answer confusing. IIRC the engine reads the Z folder LAST, and ZZ would be even "LASTER" - that's why those mods show up.

ie: ZZZ would be read after ZZ which is read after Z, so whatever gets read last gets to be seen/heard in the game.

Good point, it may be last--not sure. The game will choose files from folder with the more z's in the name.