What about tournaments

ok people, everyone that is going to participate, please, answer a google form, just to insert your name and for me to have better control on this.

If you have any question about the form or anything, please, post here and i will answer.

You all have until sunday morning, i live in gmt -3 and will start preparing the tournament in the sunday morning so try to send this until there.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGFieFh1MVB1cEhNR0R6N2h4ZUR2LWc6MQ

I like this suggestion because it should keep the pace up, though the question is which mini campaigns would be best. Perhaps a choice of Gallipoli, Kaiserschlacht or Race to the Sea as I think they are the most balanced?

So, bill, i have played some mini campaings these days and would agree with you, the most suitable are Gallipoli, Kaiserschlacht, Race to the Sea and maybe Gaza-Beersheba. i wasn't thinking about mirror matchs for all the tournament, but it would fit in the first fases of the tournament with the mini-campaings.

I like this suggestion because it should keep the pace up, though the question is which mini campaigns would be best. Perhaps a choice of Gallipoli, Kaiserschlacht or Race to the Sea as I think they are the most balanced?

They are the best choice not even because of the balance ( if there will be mirror matches in the first phase, then this issue is not so important ), but because they are most "mobile" scenarios and the playes will have an opportunity to prove their tactical skill. I think we should consider only those scenarios for the preliminary phase of the competition. If it comes to the semi final, shall we do a mirror match aswell? Has anybody seen CP winning "Fate Of Nations" ( I haven't )? If it comes to the final and the match for the third place - "Call To Arms" - I have no doubts, this campaingn is well balanced and both sides have equal chances, so the mirror game is not necessary.

Hi

A mirror game is where you play a scenario twice against the same opponent, switching sides so that you both get to play each side.

It'll be my first ever internet based game tournament so I'll have to let others explain the mechanics. I'm just looking forward to some good games, and we may all get a good trouncing at some point!