Non compatibility with the new hot fix?

Games being played with 1.03 won't be compatible with 1.03.01 (i.e. if one of you is using 1.03 and the other is using 1.03.01) but in my experience when those playing with 1.03 upgrade, all should then be well and the games can continue at 1.03.01.

Right, but 1.03.1 games don't work in 1.03, and not everyone needs 1.03.1, I didn't need it myself but upgraded because one of my opponents upgraded between games. My suggestion is that everyone upgrade to 1.03.1 if you need it or not, then there won't be any problems.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the "Failed - Animate replay list" right after I answer yes to see the replay. I can play the turn, by answering no and not seeing the replay by my human counterpart. (Play by email turn.) We are both on 1.03.1. First time its happened in this game. (Up to 6/6/41.) Hoping it doesn't occur once I get in Russia...I can send the turn if necessary...Oh playing the storm over europe campaign...

Hubert,

I am K-Man's opponent in the 1939 scenario (see above posting). I don't know if this matters, but if I recall correctly (I am 90% sure), I think we started this game with the 1.03 version before upgrading to the 1.03.1 version. The upgrade was done three or four turns into the game and we are now into the 40th+ turn without any prior problems.

MJY

MJY is correct, that we started on 1.03, got the error on one of our 2 games, (on maybe the 3rd turn,) then upgraded to 1.03.1. We kept the current games going since they were working.

MJY did just try redoing his turn (before the error) and sending it to me. I was able to answer yes and get to see (what I assume was most) of the replay, but it stopped after some many moves and gave me the error again.

...and the error continues to pop up in that one game and suspect it will rear its ugly head in the other. The question is, was it due to us starting in 1.03? Will we have to scrap these 2 games and start fresh with 1.03.1? We are both on Windows 7 (if that makes a difference.) Has anyone gotten that same error with 1.03.1?

I can confirm that this should be fixed for the v1.04 patch but it is unfortunately not something I can introduce into another hotfix as current saved games are not compatible with the latest changes on my end.

As for the ETA on v1.04, let me talk to Bill and see where we are at as I believe we are still testing some of the latest changes.