Observations and oddities part2

duGg0.jpg

I also find it rather dum that a single section can’t do and ‘assault’. Here we have two sections, that can do an assault and some single section with more troops can’t. BTW; can’t split these sections, so why didn’t it just become a single section? (In basic training, we did a leap frog assault exercise with just two men: alpha would shout: ‘beta, prepare to move out. beta, move out’; once beta was in position, he would shout: ‘alpha, prepare to move out. alpha, move out’; all the way up a hill.)

It would also be nice to have a ‘reorganize’ command, as well, which would allow these chopped up units to reorganize into one section. After all, during Normandy evasion, scattered airborne units would reorganize into fighting section, that at times, even found 82nd and 101st units fighting together.

Tank crews becoming assault troops gets very old.

ryq2y.jpg

bs4pU.jpg

FWpoI.jpg

I3xWQ.jpg

This series shows two shermans watching a Pz4; well no. It is being watched by infantry around it, the shermans don’t see the Pz4. The bottom pic shows los line to the point the Pz4 is at; second Sherman is exactly the same. Both shermans and Pz4 were in their positions for about thirty seconds; Pz4, was busy shooting my infantry. At the start of the next turn, first Sherman finally saw the Pz4 and missed its first shot, but hit second and third. Just before the second shot, the second Sherman finally spotted it, near the of the turn and fired at end of turn, way left of the target. Opponent reported some oddies. This Pz4 kept bouncing, targeting infantry then Sherman and back (the targeting cha-cha); and never shot. Opponent also reported, that in several turns of four Pz4s shooting at my infantry, the Pz4s never used hall or coax machine guns against the infantry.

It would also be nice to have a ‘reorganize’ command, as well, which would allow these chopped up units to reorganize into one section. After all, during Normandy evasion, scattered airborne units would reorganize into fighting section, that at times, even found 82nd and 101st units fighting together.

Very good idea!

The 'Assault' command, by it's definition requires multiple sections. One or two sections in overwatch while the other section moves up. Since this is impossible to do with only one section, the command is not available. Just use 'Quick' command instead - it's basically the same. The 'Assault' command does not put the unit into some special 'assault' mode like most people seem to think. In other words, 'Quick' and 'Assault' are the same command except for the fact that you have sections in overwatch.

"this is done between battles in campaigns", but with no player input, correct? during a game, thought it would be nice to be able to attach one unit to another, to fill in slots and for ease of movement. I would have thought RT players would like that.

i'm just saying, if, for what ever reason, you have a loner/leftover/separated section, say bar and 5 rifles, tatics could say, bar a two rifles provide base/covering fire, while other 2 rifles assualt the position.