Resupply tanks with ammo?

I know how to get ammo from trucks to resupply infantry and mortars, but how do I resupply tanks?

I have half tracks with HE and AP ammo in them, obviously for use in AVF's, but I don't see how to get that ammo into tanks that need it?

Do I just drive up and park beside a tank and the crew does it automatically, or do I have to dismount a crew member and go get ammo?

Thanks for any feedback ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Not sure you can resupply tanks...it's upto the campaign maker I think...as for a scenario I suppose the battles aren't long enough really to warrant it. I'm sure very few tanks spent all their ammo went back to resuppy and still managed to get back in time to carry on all in 1 and a half hours. I also can't imagine Tanks where resupplied by troop transport.

I could be wrong though, and it is possible...which would be annoying as I've never done it and probably needed it at times.

Thanks .. :)

I guess these half tracks full of tank ammunition are useless for anything except cannon fodder during spec fire attempts, so I'll use them up for that purpose .. :D

Not sure why the scenario designer bothered loading them up with tank ammo...

Regards,

Doug

Thanks .. :)

I guess these half tracks full of tank ammunition are useless for anything except cannon fodder during spec fire attempts, so I'll use them up for that purpose .. :D

Not sure why the scenario designer bothered loading them up with tank ammo...

Regards,

Doug

What HTs are these? You can't load vehicles up with specific ammo types in the editor. Sure they are not towing vehicles for AT guns?

That or they're Stummels with their own 75mm or recon half tracks with 37mm and BadgerDog hasn't grokked that the ammo is for the halfie's own armament.

Yup ... :o

What a dummy I am ... :P

They all look alike at a high up view, but when I actually got down to a ground side view, sure enough, it's not just a regular half track .... :D

Thanks everyone ...

Regards

Doug

BadgerDog,

Have you tried having the HT crew dismount and the AFV crew mount the HT, then have them try to 'acqqire' 75mm ammo before returning to mount their AFV?

Just a thought...

Boresite

:rolleyes:

Stop confusing him. You can't acquire 75mm ammo from halftracks.