Tanks vs tanks scenario

as far as i know there is no scenario specially made for tank versus tank action but you can use the quickbattle function and set the forces of both sides to armor only. via the scenario editor you can look through the quickbattle maps and find a nice scenario that you like. alternatively you can just let the computer pick a random map.

the only scenario i know of that has a large amount of tank vs tank action is "huzzar" ! but its a mixed forces scenario that also uses a lot of mechanized infantry and recon vehicles !

The Normandy title does not exactly lend itself to historical armor-only engagements, especially in the American sector. By the time the American broke out to open country German armor facing them had been pretty much destroyed. The Brits, though, were up against far more German tanks in somewhat more tank-friendly country. So you can expect to see more tank-heavy engagements there. The trick is getting out of bocage country. And remember there's a Market Garden module/Sept. timeframe coming down the road as well. :D

The Normandy title does not exactly lend itself to historical armor-only engagements, especially in the American sector. By the time the American broke out to open country German armor facing them had been pretty much destroyed. The Brits, though, were up against far more German tanks in somewhat more tank-friendly country. So you can expect to see more tank-heavy engagements there. The trick is getting out of bocage country. And remember there's a Market Garden module/Sept. timeframe coming down the road as well. :D

Yeah, I am waiting for Operation Goodwood.

as far as i know there is no scenario specially made for tank versus tank action but you can use the quickbattle function and set the forces of both sides to armor only. via the scenario editor you can look through the quickbattle maps and find a nice scenario that you like. alternatively you can just let the computer pick a random map.

the only scenario i know of that has a large amount of tank vs tank action is "huzzar" ! but its a mixed forces scenario that also uses a lot of mechanized infantry and recon vehicles !

I've only tried QB once and found the force selection by the AI a bit wonky (post patch). Maybe that was a one off, but it put me off QBs for a while. Maybe I'll give Huzzar a go, or both...the other one suggested in another post is bit heavy both for my laptop and myself :o

I actually made a non historical scenerio... LOL its freaking huge... about Battalion size vs Battalion size. 1 co. of German armor vs I think at least a Battalion of US Tanks.. in the end there were like 50+ AFV kills. Still trying to figure how to load to repository. Anyway it would take a good machine to run it. I am really waiting for the Brit scenerio pack with the Waffen SS, it seems that all the major tank battles were in their sector. Would really like to redo Barkmanns Corner with more authentic reconstruction, and with the proper units.