New file at the Repository: Small Arms Sounds V3 (2011-09-26)

Version 3 update to original mod with new sounds for Rifle, Assault Rifle, SMG and COAX MG. This mod changes the sound effects for small arms, it also adds some bullet whiz and zips from SPR.It can be used in conjunction with other sound mods as long as it loads last. Sounds sourced from various other games and sound files and edited with Audacity.

More...

Since these new sounds are not by Vein, the chances are they cover the same sounds and the last mod in alphabetical order gets used. So, you may at least have to label the new mod "Z_something".

Thanks .. :)

The filename for this one is "zSmall_Arms_Sounds_V3.brz"

The Something is odd about the file size, as this new one is only 1.8 Mb whereas the one I've been running "Veins_sounds_CMBN_v1.brz" is 74 Mb?

Regards,

Doug

Suggest you use the RezExplode tool and see exactly what wav sounds are included and compare with Vein's. You can also listen to both and see which you prefer.

Generally, I now always explode brz folders and place all the files into regular folders so that it's easier and much faster to compare one mod with another. You can also easily mix and match in this way as well.

In terms of mod management, I think it's best to only have the mods you actually want in your Z folder as (AFAIK) the game may try to load everything initially and that slows the process down. I put all my unused/unwanted mods in an UNUSED MODS folder so I can always access them if needed.

Thanks .. :)

The filename for this one is "zSmall_Arms_Sounds_V3.brz"

The Something is odd about the file size, as this new one is only 1.8 Mb whereas the one I've been running "Veins_sounds_CMBN_v1.brz" is 74 Mb?

Regards,

Doug

Veins mod changes most in game sounds, this one only changes infantry weapons so it can be used at the same time if you prefer.