SdKfz-7

I have no info on the topic but this might one of those "Not in the game yet" vehicles. Remember you've got three whole modules till the entire monster package is complete. Sdkfz 7 wasn't exactly at the top of the tactical 'must have' list. I'd imagine if it could limber and tow an 88 in-game the setup times would be prohibitive. Towing and deploying even a little Pak38 in the middle of a hot battle is often unsuccessful.

If I recall my CM1, 88s could be towed and deployed. They could NOT be hooked up again once deployed.

One could expect the same here once the appropriate module appears.

On the contrary, I'd expect that once the Sdkfz 7 or some other prime mover that can shift the Beast (were there any?) appears, the 88 will be able to be towed, deployed, limbered and towed again to your heart's content, within the limits of the setup and takedown times already attributed to the unit. It'll be a rare scenario, though, where you'll have time to move it more than once.

I hope we get them with the "Battlepack" if not sooner. I think part of the delay is the travel mode on the big guns could be quite a bit different then the deploy mode, requiring a different model to be constructed. I don't think its necessary to have animations of the entire breakdown, though some might be put off by a magic morph from one state to the other.

On the contrary, I'd expect that once the Sdkfz 7 or some other prime mover that can shift the Beast (were there any?) appears, the 88 will be able to be towed, deployed, limbered and towed again to your heart's content, within the limits of the setup and takedown times already attributed to the unit. It'll be a rare scenario, though, where you'll have time to move it more than once.

i would volunteer to create an 88 scenario :) ... 4 hours of unlimbering/limbering :D:cool:

I think it would be useful to have a 88 in an ambush situation and then be able to pull it out and away before it's hit with indirect arty. Likewise on a big map as the defender having an 88 as a reserve and then moving it towards the allied line of approach would be good to have too.