Aris_Panther A_Late

Fuser

My next project is the Late variant of the Panther A. I have included decals for 2 variants. I have decals for some other very nice Panther As but they were in Poland as July 1944 (Totenkopf Division), so it wouldn´t be realistic. But they look so nice...I won´t include them, maybe in a future module ;) Soon in the repository.

Preview1-2.jpg

Preview2-1.jpg

Preview_215-1.jpg

Preview_424.jpg

I believe that yours are the best vehicular mods currently available.

So, I hesitate to make a couple of suggestions. But, here goes...

1) All mods have that "perfect lighting" look. ie: The light source seems like it's everywhere - like in a movie studio. There are few and usually no shadows at all.

But, if you look at RL pics from the era (or even from modern battlefields) you generally can't see past the bogey wheels to the hull, due to dirt and shadow.

In CM1 one could mix and match mods from different people to have lighter horizontal surfaces, and darker vertical surfaces - to achieve a rough, but effective noon-time shadowed look.

While many scenarios are not set during the noon-time sun, I hope you'll think about putting in shadows from objects that stand out off the surface of the vehicle, or at least make the vertical surfaces a bit darker as it could make your wonderful mods look even more realistic.

2) Darker, muddy tracks.

3) Missing and/or beat up side plate armor, bullet scrapes, black sooty exhaust dirt, and basically dirt and grime collected on most everything especially the (currently clean and brand new) spare track links etc.

I hope you don't mind me making the suggestions. It's obvious what a lot of work you have put into your mods.

Thanks Erwin. Suggestions are always welcome, they sure help me improve my modding skills.

The lighting effects in CMBN are somehow very different to previous CM titles. Depending of the time of the day they dramtically change the weathering effects. Adding shadows would make the vehicle look great on some hours and odd on others. As to weathering and dirt quantity, it´s always hard to find a balance. Some players love to see them as if they were drying after a bath in the mud, others like subtle effects.

Bullet scrapes it´s something I will try in future mods. Spare track links or missing plate armors are something embedded in the code. You can add objects but they would look plain and unrealistic. (same applies to foliage). Maybe , skilled modders can give it a try.