The mysteries of repository delay

I am really confused about how the repository works - and what the delays for publishing files are.

Nearly three days ago I uploaded a scenario that still hasn´t show up in the repository. It is possible that this delay is simply common procedure, but searching the forum and BFC site in general I can´t find any usable info on when stuff is published on the repository. Only some vague line about there being some sort of delay for approval (or somefink)

But how long is it? Right now I don´t know if the scenario will show up tomorrow or in a week. Or if maybe something has gone wrong and I should upload again from scratch (even though I got the message that the file was uploaded succesfully).

Why all the secrecy?

Umlaut, apparently it's determined by when the administrator(s) are able to get around to reviewing it. It could also be that you uploaded it to the wrong game...at least that has happened to me before. I'm sure you know all this, but for others who haven't uploaded anything yet, the upload screen is not the best for showing the options as to what game (CMBN, CMSF, etc.)and what part of that game (Mods/Scanaios/Maps) you want to upload into. The first file/scenario/mod upload option box only gives you two options into the game that you chose...Mods and the general Repository area (in CMBN, that first screen with the highway tutorial if memory serves). But if you do multiple uploads at one time, the second and subsequent files has the option box giving you all the possible BFC games in which to upload. If you're not paying attention, like me at 3:00 am one time, you can end up uploading it to CMAK or whatever. The default should be to the game you chose the first time. Plus, you can't load a picture at all until after the mod is actually available, unless I'm blind (which could very well be the case, it seems lately); then you have to go back in as if you want to download your own mod in order to edit in a picture.

BFC, fix or somefink. :)

Mjkerner is right. One has to take a good look where to submit a file before doing so.

Well, I know, and I´m pretty sure, I uploaded it to this forum.

Once a file is submitted it is being held in quarantine for 24 to 48 hours so it can be checked for content.

Aha. See, that is pretty useful information that I think someone make more readily available for those of us who provide files for the repository.

But anyway: It is now 72 hours since uploading.

Well, I know, and I´m pretty sure, I uploaded it to this forum.

When I made my remark one has to take a good look where to submit a file before doing so I did not mean to say that You did not. I meant it in general. And 72 hours is indeed longer than is stated in the information regarding submitting files to the repository. But I have no idea why Your file is not showing up in the repository.

So, you can always put it at CMMODS, where it will be available immediately...

Can one submit CMA files as well?

Hi again

I have now checked, and it turned out that mjkerner and eddie was actually spot on:

The scenario had indeed ended up in the CMAK section - though I´m a bit mystified as to how that happened. I know for sure that I selected CMBN as the upload target, but the file didn´t upload at the first try, so I guess the page must have reverted to the (default?) CMAK setting after that.

Anyway: Now the scenario is hopefully heading for the CMBN.

Sorry for all the fuss (blushes)