Can I "unacquire" a javelin?

Band new player here. I've just been going through the first mission of Task Force Thunder. I grabbed a javelin to clean up a small enemy armor problem, but now want that soldier to unload that weight and re-equip a standard rifle. How can I get rid of the javelin launcher and missiles? I tried going back into the Stryker and getting rid of it somehow, but can't find a way.

Two things that you should know.

1. If you have a javelin team carrying a CLU and they run out of ammo you can resupply them with more missles. The team supplying them must be in the same platoon though. Cross platoons are stingy with their ammo and do not give them up.

2. You can place a two man team on top of an eight story building carrying 2 javelins. When they run out, just move other teams in their platoon onto the bottom floor. They will underhand chuck missles eight stories into the air to resupply the team on the roof. They must not like to hike stairs.

3. I actually did not know about this but sort of discovered it testing the above two points. If you place a target with the two man javelin team and wait until the CLU operator goes to 'spotting' or 'targeting' you can then place another target line that will branch off of the original. So after he fires the first missle at target number one he will automatically switch targets and acquire the second. You can also use this to place covering fire for your CLU operator. Place the first target for your CLU operator and then place a second target that is close by and the second man on that team will place covering fire with his automatic weapon while the Javelin operator is acquiring his target. I never knew about this feature and have to admit it is pretty slick.

The biggest mistake I have made is equipping a small team with the missiles and then realizing that they don't have room for the launcher. So then I have to run another team over to pick it up and then move them around together so they can use it. You would think I would learn my lesson, but no I've done it a half dozen times. :D

Out of curiosity, how would you even target him to shoot just him? And how do you decide whether or not someone "buddy aids" him? But beyond that, isn't it better to have another soldier in the squad with a javelin than have one fewer soldiers but no javelin?

The original post on the CMBN thread suggested that if you needed to retrieve a support weapon it is quicker if you declare area fire on where the casualty is to kill them, as then when you send other soldiers over to him they don't spend time on buddy aid they just take the weapon.

It is probably a dictionary definition of gamey

Sort of ties in with another discussion where people were saying how their game play has changed because they don't want to leave the wounded.