It seems that the accuracy of tank fire has decreased in 1.01

I did a small test that I created in CMBN 1.00.Panther and M4A3(76)w (all regulars)shoot each other at about 1000m(no hull down).During my test in 1.00,the panther almost achieved first shot hit every times,then I repeated the test in 1.01,to my surprise,the panther has a very high chance to miss it's first shot over 1000m,but the second shot always hit the target.for the M4A3(76)w,it is less accurate,it always takes 2-3 shot to hit the target over 1000m.I suppose BFC do decrease the accuracy of the tank fire especially the first shot accuracy.

Reduced first shot accuracy OVER 1000m might be a good thing. Of course if the accuracy of the second and rest of the shots is retained, I mean first shot is missing because of range estimation errors, but after setting the correct distance, virtually every shot hits the target.

I wonder if crack and elite crews using high velocity guns (like the KwK42) can still retain high probability of first shot hits ? I mean, if they are better at estimating ranges than regular or veteran crews ?

Could you check this in your tests ?

I did a lot of tests both in CMBN and CMAK.Now I'm pretty sure that when shooting from 100m-1000m,the accuracy of tank fire in CMBN 1.01 is quite similar to the accuracy in CMAK during the clear days.I haven't test the longer range,however they shouldn't have much difference.

what we lack now in CMBN is that the weather conditions still has no effect on the accuracy,it only affects the spotting ability.In CMBB/AK,Different weather conditions affect not only the ranger of LOS but also the accuracy.I do hope BFC can combined these features together in the near future.

I wonder if crack and elite crews using high velocity guns (like the KwK42) can still retain high probability of first shot hits ? I mean, if they are better at estimating ranges than regular or veteran crews ?

Could you check this in your tests ?

I've used crack crews a bit and in my experience they are most certainly worth the money. First shot hits are quite common even from 500-1000m (1.00 though). I'll have to see if they still go well with the patch.

1000m shots, even by a short barreled Sherman 75, would rarely miss under reasonable combat conditions. IIRC it was in the 90 something percentile range. At about this range, however, the short 75s started to drop off more rapidly than the higher velocity rounds.

Steve

During the ww2 era,the accuracy of tank fire is largely depend on the precisely estimate the range to the target which is highly rely on the crew's exprience.Not every crew except those crack or elite one can achieve the first shot hit over 1000m because of the range estimate error.But after spot the first shot,gunner can corrected the right range,the second shot should precisely hit the target at this range most of the time just like it appears in 1.01 and CMX1.Great job,BFC!