Modular castles, a map-related request.

Can we please have some castles?

Preferably in modular form, so we can just use individual towers etc.

There's loads of buildings like this in Normandy at-large:

2526719665_70e2670ea1_z.jpg

That one was dubbed 'gray castle' by the troops who fought the Germans defending there. Rather appropriate really - on this same map I am making there are two more important buildings that feature large castle-like towers. This is the kind of thing people are talking about when they describe 'fortress-like' farms and houses in the Normandy fighting.

I, we really need them, sign-up? :o

Can't you (both Lemuel and Broady) do this with a mixture of modular and custom buildings? The Church spire will give you those towers, while a mix of modular buildings can give you fantastically complex buildings, with many rooms and an absolute rabbit warren of internal doors and dead ends.

I already add high stone directly up against some walls to fortify them, since the truly thick ones didn't have too many windows anyway.

In the case of 'gray castle' I'm pretty dissatisfied with what I came up with... that thing's like a proper castle gatehouse; It's perhaps not quite critical tactically , but would be a brilliant aesthetic touch.

Here's La Fiere manor:

Le-Manoir.jpg

mini1.jpg

I really would like castles. I wont throw a tantrum if it doesn't get off the ground.

If we could get round tower and gate it would be cool. Modular building is better looking as castle. You can remove windows. If we get few more skins and maybe "castle wall roof" castkes would we there.

What we need:

1. Tower (round)

2. New roof (to represent wall)

3. Gate building

4. Mid size church tower (!!!) - this is more important than castles. There was a church with high tower nearly in every village. Current cathedral tower is too large for most churchs.

4. Mid size church tower (!!!) - this is more important than castles. There was a church with high tower nearly in every village. Current cathedral tower is too large for most churchs.

While I would argue about it's relative importance vs. castles, I agree with this whole-heartedly. A country-style church with a more significant stature and more substantial bell-tower would be very desirable for historical scenario design; it would be nice if we could also have 'diagonal' churches - y'all know what I mean.

While I'm here I might as well quickly plug my desire for an in-between height for hedges/walls as well.

New map-elements are a sure-fire way of making the game better, particularly castles. Castles.