Unit Ideas for Peng Challenge Thread Module

Bren tripods.

Right off the bat, you need Bren tripods. Tons of the damn things. We should be lousy with them. And BOOTS.

We need to be able to BOOT the crap out of SSNs, serfs and Squires.

Which reminds me:

This is the Peng Challenge Thread (Accept no substitutes), the operative word is CHALLENGE.

If you are a n00b (SSN - Scum sucking n00bie), you need to come in and challenge someONE. General challenges do not work and are not appreciated.

Challenges laced with vitriol, bile, wit, vinegar and more bile are preferred.

Alliteration will get you extra points, on occasion.

And take your time and scope out the area, because you need to challenge another SSN or serf. Leave the Kanniggetts and the Olde Ones (If you can find one) alone.

If one of the Ladies makes an appearance, bow deeply, tug your forelock (That's on your head. The one above your neck) and treat them with the utmost respect.

Try to keep the "thingy" references to a minimum if at all possible.

Keep your prejudices to yourself.

These rules may seem harsh and arbitrary and to that we say, "So what? It's our bloody Thread, it's the Thread which is unending, and we make up the rules. You want your own rules, then make your own thread. Git."

Thank you. And close the door on your way out.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the rules to be compendious Boo Radley.

You have my approval as the Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread to continue with this incarnation of the Peng Challenge Thread.

As an example to the SSNs out there who may not understand the rules allow me to demonstrate:

NG Cavscout and I have ended our bout. After far too many turns of not much action at all we have a result but as I would not have a turn previewed to me so I shall not preview a turn for another. Do you, however, suppose it might be indicative of the result if said NG Cavscout has not responded to said turn for two full days now? One does wonder.

Nidan1 has forgotten the first rule of Combat Mission ... don't attack the Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread. Here are the results of his right flank's efforts, I've helpfully removed the trees so that an asute viewer can discern the details ...

http://flic.kr/p/a3AD74

Geier and MrSpkr are both still AWOL with games on the line ... I shall be proclaiming victory if they do not present themselves.

In non CessPool related games Mark Ezra has the completely unfair advantage of having been a beta tester and the creator of most of the QB maps we use. I mention this only in passing and would never suggest that his use of mortars to devastate my infantry in the updated Chance Encounters was in any way not a reasonable outcome. I would never suggest that ... of course if OTHERS should choose to make that comparison ...

Joe

I'll come into bat for you Joe old...very old buddy.

Of course Mark Ezra has used his infinite knowledge of the workings of the game in order to defeat you...YOU of all people, with your advanced, first hand experience of box formation musketry should have taught such a mortar using civilian a thing or two. Why, back in your day the very height of military leadership was to dress your troops in bright red, paint a cross on their torso with two white straps and have at it. Tch, kids these days huh?

These rules may seem harsh and arbitrary and to that we say, "So what? It's our bloody Thread, it's the Thread which is unending, and we make up the rules. You want your own rules, then make your own thread. Git."

Y'know, I am by way of thinking that the rules should be even more harsh and arbitrary. Cruel and unjust even. Just because we can. The old saying is that power corrupts, but I don't feel that we have pursued that concept as far as we could. Certainly, we don't want to engage in wholesale cruelty and injustice. Soon our tastes would become jaded and the exercise would lose its edge; where would be the fun of that? I think those innocent, tender SSNs should be led to believe that they actually stand a fair chance of climbing the ladder of success, of becoming somebody of importance and standing if only they demonstrate "the right stuff". Then, when the men in the long black leather coats show up after midnight to drag them off with no explanation to who knows where never to be seen again, their feelings of absolute disaster and betrayal will be all the more complete. And while they were strutting and primping in their imagined prestige, we and we alone, we chosen few, we band of brothers, would be savoring their ultimate downfall. Ah, how sweet it is!

BTW, isn't it about time somebody came for Stuka and took him off to the quicklime mines?

Michael

Y'know, I am by way of thinking that the rules should be even more harsh and arbitrary. Cruel and unjust even. Just because we can. The old saying is that power corrupts, but I don't feel that we have pursued that concept as far as we could. Certainly, we don't want to engage in wholesale cruelty and injustice. Soon our tastes would become jaded and the exercise would lose its edge; where would be the fun of that? I think those innocent, tender SSNs should be led to believe that they actually stand a fair chance of climbing the ladder of success, of becoming somebody of importance and standing if only they demonstrate "the right stuff". Then, when the men in the long black leather coats show up after midnight to drag them off with no explanation to who knows where never to be seen again, their feelings of absolute disaster and betrayal will be all the more complete. And while they were strutting and primping in their imagined prestige, we and we alone, we chosen few, we band of brothers, would be savoring their ultimate downfall. Ah, how sweet it is!

BTW, isn't it about time somebody came for Stuka and took him off to the quicklime mines?

Michael

We have quicklime mines? Well then I'm in favor of sending him off. Of course compared to his home in East Sandpitistan or wherever he lives it might seem a nice place. And he'd get a boost in prestige in terms of employment.

Joe

Now see, this is an example of how the Peng Challenge Thread community can come together and work toward an acceptable solution to a significant problem ("How do you solve a problem like the Stuka ... how do you catch a clown and pin him down") . I'd commend Michael for his suggestion but let's not get crazy.

Joe

Now see, this is an example of how the Peng Challenge Thread community can come together and work toward an acceptable solution to a significant problem ("How do you solve a problem like the Stuka ... how do you catch a clown and pin him down") .

Joe

It's not a clown, but will this work?

voodoo-dolls-wallpaper.jpg

we we we our we we we we

You conveniently forget oh 'others recognised', that you are not a Kniiigett of the Cesspool and therefore (and therefive) have no right to be sidling up to the sides of those worthy and announcing 'we'.

Basically you're just a Cesspool groupie aren't you? And while there's nothing wrong with that per se, I prefer my groupies to be younger, prettier and female and while your dress sense may suggest a strong element of progesterone it does not qualify you as a Lady of the 'Pool.

Now shoo...I am awaiting turns from Nidan1, NGCavscout and Noba and setups from Barlie Charlow and Boo boo bear.