The Eagle has Landed = great fun!

Gpig

Just want to thank StoneAge for creating a great little battle based on the movie The Eagle has Landed (starring Michael Caine and Treat Williams).

Perfect map, just like the movie. It's got the Pub, the Mill, the gas station and of course the church and steeple. All the details are spot on.

***Spoiler Alert***

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

***Spoiler Alert***

Steiner and his troops are a nasty bunch, just like in the movie. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out once you replace the Grenadiers with Polish Airborne. (Come on Commonwealth module!)

Some suggestions?

- Make Cpt. Clark a Vet, and give him a +2 rating?

- Remove SMOKE grenades from the U.S. side?

- Remove radios from stranded 1st plt.? (I used them to call in mortar strikes. Kind of cheating - based on the movie.)

- Remove rifle grenades from both sides?

It would be nice if there was a half-track with a gun-shield (as per the movie). My half track was too brittle to participate in the battle very effectively. Even at over 200m away from the Church.

Maybe it could be a "touch" longer? But I have to say, I had a blast with it as is.

My first battle was a tactical defeat (though I killed Steiner). I had a squad in the graveyard, slugging it out with some final few defenders in the church. Fun stuff!

It would be nice if you did a version of this battle where you are the Germans and get to ambush 1st platoon as they come screaming into the village. What do you think?

Thanks again!

Gpig

I don't get it. I downloaded this "scenario" yesterday, and it's NOT a scenario, but an empty map! I want to write an angry comment into the depository, but I guess it's better to write here!

The briefing said it's playable only in Allied side, so I choose it and it was completly empty without units, just - an undetailed, draft - empty map.

Anyway - to the designer - dont change the germans to polish (in the future), because they changed their uniforms back to german, when their cover blown, so they fight in german uniform.

x2 what Gpig said!!

Never heard of this movie before so I looked around on IMDB and some youtube clips and got the synopsis down. Anyway its short and very fun and to the point. The map is great to. Good little urban combat scenario. As for the comment about 1st platoons charge into town, I think if you were to try that in CMBN most of the platoon would die before they got halfway to their positions, not saying you can't try that or anything I just don't think it would turn out the way it did in the movie.

Steve-o

I don't get it. I downloaded this "scenario" yesterday, and it's NOT a scenario, but an empty map! I want to write an angry comment into the depository, but I guess it's better to write here!

The briefing said it's playable only in Allied side, so I choose it and it was completly empty without units, just - an undetailed, draft - empty map.

Anyway - to the designer - dont change the germans to polish (in the future), because they changed their uniforms back to german, when their cover blown, so they fight in german uniform.

bardosy, you obviously had a porked download. In addition to the other two inthis thread, I have the complete set-up..AI plans, etc. (I haven't played it yet but it's all there in the editor.)

bardosy, you obviously had a porked download. In addition to the other two inthis thread, I have the complete set-up..AI plans, etc. (I haven't played it yet but it's all there in the editor.)

Thanks! But how is it possible? I downloaded the zip file and I could extract it without problem. If the file damaged in downloading process, the zip shoud be corrupt, isn't it?

I'll try it again!

Thanks Guys great to hear you like it.

Some suggestions?

- Make Cpt. Clark a Vet, and give him a +2 rating?

- Remove SMOKE grenades from the U.S. side?

- Remove radios from stranded 1st plt.? (I used them to call in mortar strikes. Kind of cheating - based on the movie.)

- Remove rifle grenades from both sides?

I will make Cpt. Clark a Vet the other thing I am not sure I can do with the editor. I wanted to give the 60mm mortars some smoke but could not work out how to do it.

I was trying to give the allies as many options as possiable. Using the mortars is a valid option.

When we get the british module I will look at the forces again. replace them with poles or british Paras, so the weapons they use are british as at the moment the Germans can have a little too much fire power. (needless to say then I would need to do a mod of british/poles with german jackets with allied helments and pants.)