CMAK Graphic Bug?

I just reproduced it on a clean install from the CD. (no mods)

All the prefs were the defaults, but for ROOFS which I toggled.

Is there any further information which I can provide you?

Thanks.

---

The scenario is the Forgotten Output scenario off of the CD. CMAK version is 1.01 direct from the CD.

Test configuration #1:

Windows XP Pro (SP1)

DirectX 8.1

NVidia TI 4600 (128Mb)

Drivers 29.42

Test configuration #2:

Windows XP Pro (SP2)

DirectX 9.0c

NVidia FX 5200 Go (64 Mb)

Drivers 61.76

I don't know why Rune has to shortcut everything the way he does, but I could reproduce the bug with no problems:

cmak-texture-error.png

And if you go left to the Fort:

cmak-texture-error2.png

Procude:

- CMAK 1.01 (U.S. patched)

- no mods

- recently deleted preferences

- load "Forgotten Outpost"

- go to the crash site

- Press shift-R

Environment:

- Windoze 2000

- NVidia GeForce Ti 4400

- Drivers 61.77

- All graphics options to max

- 1280x1024

[ August 28, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Redwolf ]

I played the same scenario and had the exact same problem.

It's more than that one though. It seems any dessert scenario w/ roofs off it reverses the walls on some but not all two story buildings.

I'm using an NVidia video card.

I'm not sure I understand why a clean install would be useful in a case like this. I thought that mods were just alternate bmp files, and I didn't know that they had any effect on the programming. What's at issue here is how and where the bmps get displayed, and I would have thought that that is the province of programming.

I'm also not sure why one would play with the roofs turned off. Apparently not many other people are either, or this bug would have been picked up sooner. I suppose it should be looked at, but I wonder if we really want BFC spending the programming time to do it. Wouldn't the time be better spent on adding in another vehicle or two ?

Well, I only reported this, since it does appear to be a true bug and I thought the developers would like to know. I wasn't insisting that it be fixed. That's up to BTS; I'll keep playing CMAK either way.

Turning off roofs can be a very quick way to differentiate light from heavy buildings in a BUA environment. They have different floor patterns. It's more convenient than having to drag a LOS line over everything.

Don't get me wrong: I think it's very good that you brought this up. You never know, taking a closer look at it might turn up some other ramification that really needs squelching. And if I were a programmer, I would probably be unwilling to knowingly settle for anything less than perfection if I could expend a reasonable amount of effort to fix something.

That's interesting about the roofs. I suppose if I can toggle bases on and off to find my troops I can toggle roofs on and off for a second to see which buildings are heavy without destroying the illusion of immersion.

Redwolf,

Shortcut everything I do? Do me a favor and don't speak unless you have some sort of idea of what I do.

Othermeans,, thanks and I missed the earlier thread. I tried buildings in the desert but didn't try all of them. I also found it is more then the last 5. I will make sure Charles gets the screenshot I have created.

Rune