Hi FatherOfSeventeen

Welcome to the forum!

The first and biggest reason why releasing the WWI part separately isn't a good idea is that there will be some coding changes that apply to both the WWI and WWII engines that need to be properly tested out first.

It wouldn't really be good of us to release just updated WWI campaigns first without these changes because a) they are going to make this game a whole lot better and B) as soon as they are released they would render any ongoing games incompatible with the patch. So, rather than release updated WWI campaigns and then shortly after the WWII campaign, it's better we do it all at once to minimize the disruption to ongoing games.

Secondly, since finishing my AAR game with Dan I've incorporated a lot of changes to the WWI campaigns, based largely on feedback from players and forum posters. But this needs a certain amount of testing too before we can release it.

Sorry for the delay but in the long run I think that it will turn out to have been really worth the wait.

Bill

I don't think it's right that those of us who have NO INTEREST in WW2--if I wanted to play WW2, I'd have bought a WW2 game--have to wait on a needed patch in order to optimize the WW2 campaign.

I saw what was said earlier in this thread about this...but if this is seriously going to be a couple of months, release the patch already and then let people deal with having to start new games when the WW2 campaign is released. Anything else isn't fair to those of us who bought a WW1 game because it's, duh, a WW1 game.

Just a quick FYI that FatherOfSeventeen/Madwoman is a well known troll on these forums simply using a new forum username and has been subsequently banned.

Noted, we all appreciate the excellent work your doing, quality takes time as you have proven in the past. Just get it right and I for one will happily await whatever comes :)