Tanks firing into trees?

Just a question about this, Is this over- modeled in the game?Did tank he shells explode so easily when hitting tree branches?It seems to me that tank shells are hitting trees at a very high percentage and waisting very valuable he ammunition.I am not talking about heavy woods with hundreds of trees.If there is a group of 1-3 trees, my gunners inevitably find it, and continue to pound he shells into that tree.My kill count on birds and other live critters is astronomical.If I got victory points for killing robins and racoons, Id be unbeatable.Why doesnt the ai recognize this and say hey guys dont fire, were just going to hit the trees again.There is no logic here.

It's the AP rounds going off on impact with (apparently) foliage I find most disconcerting. I'd've thought the fuze for a bursting charge would need a good hard rap from something solid, like, say, the armour of a tank before it would want to explode. Or maybe that's what Schurtzen were for: to predetonate APHE bursting charges...

The "iron tree" problem has been fixed for v1.01. The problem most often happened when a target and/or the shooter were directly behind a tree that was exactly inline with the optimal Line of Fire, and neither shooter or target moved. The TacAI is now smart enough to offset the aimpoint if this happens so subsequent rounds won't hit the same tree.

Steve

The TacAI is now smart enough to offset the aimpoint if this happens so subsequent rounds won't hit the same tree.

Thank the Lord. Will this also work with ground (i.e. when they're burrowing away at the crest of a hill trying to reach the center-mass of the hull-down tank behind, instead of aiming a bit higher)?

The "iron tree" problem has been fixed for v1.01. The problem most often happened when a target and/or the shooter were directly behind a tree that was exactly inline with the optimal Line of Fire, and neither shooter or target moved. The TacAI is now smart enough to offset the aimpoint if this happens so subsequent rounds won't hit the same tree.

Steve

Whens the patch due...I have to try and finish one of my PBEMs before its out, this bug is the only thing keeping me in it right now...its like attack of the swarming Shermans!! :)