New scenario - playtesters needed

Project name: "Mulhouse" - final name will be something else.

You can download latest version here: http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/Mulhouse.btt

Description: German 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend" assault bocage-country in light rain and fog. To obtain victory frienfly fire must be under 30% and most of the terrain objectives achieved (touch objectives only). Playable on German side against US ai.

I need comments on AI behavior and also comments about objectives and is it too easy to hard. Any comments are welcomed.

Plz. sent email: kallekaster (at) gmail.com or comment here.

I will probably release this in few days after some more testing and adding scenario text etc.

Screenie - Germans advancing on sunken road.

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-17%2020-58-54-34.jpg

Few more pictures:

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-18%2020-17-23-12.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-17%2017-35-05-45.jpg

Minor modifications made to AI, forces and objective scores. Also added scenario text, pics and made up final name for scenario.

Scenario is called Operation Eisenbahn.

I kept original name for downloading purposes, but in the scenario list it's found under "Operation Eisenbahn".

BTW, anyone interested checking grammar in mission and designer note?

Minor modifications made to AI, forces and objective scores. Also added scenario text, pics and made up final name for scenario.

Scenario is called Operation Eisenbahn.

I kept original name for downloading purposes, but in the scenario list it's found under "Operation Eisenbahn".

BTW, anyone interested checking grammar in mission and designer note?

Damn - already started your first version couple of hours ago - is it very different? Am playing it Wego so will take a few days before I can report back.

Happy to have a look at the grammar anyway.

BTW map looks very dense, lots of murder holes and ambush points, good work.

LS

I had great fun with this yesterday (in RT). I'm about half way through.

SPOILER ALERT******************************************

I put 2 platoons and all the armor over the ford and up the left flank. I wanted to go down the center road, but avoided the temptation. But I'm running low on demo charges, so I have to be careful that I have enough to blast through the remaining hedgerows!

Great fun! Thanks DeSavage.

It's probably different now. :(

Version 0.16 is the latest.

Here's text-version of mission detail and designer's note.

http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/designer.txt

http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/text.txt

Not to worry - I downloaded the latest version and restarted, I'd only finished my set-up and done a couple of moves - nothing had happened yet!

LS

Made some major changes for AI plans and units. Also some changes made to map. It should be more challenging now and some surprises too. I'm pretty happy, but few more play tests and Operation Eisenbahn is ready for release.

If someone want to test late beta version, you can download it here:

http://elsavior.albaani.org/share/Mulhouse.btt

Few battle photos from last playtest:

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-21%2019-51-09-08.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-21%2019-55-40-25.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-21%2020-22-38-09.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-21%2020-49-49-60.jpg

CM%20Normandy%202011-06-21%2022-39-44-79.jpg

Great map man. It was a long fight. After it was over I was reviewing the map, and it was like going down memory lane. Each section of the map has a different obstacle and i was reliving it. A lot of men died taking that. Oh that's where I misclicked and the tank slaughtered them etc etc. Good sht.

Anyway. The difficulty wasn't too bad. Its moderate. I had to put some thought in it. If I wanted to complete it under the strict casualty limit, tough. I like the fact that you gave each side there own objectives which I found out in the aar. Because while I was playing, I got into a firefight trying to take the farm when massive amounts of tanks and troops reinforce the section, and it would have been a blood bath for me to try to take it. so since it was a "touch" objective, I tried to get slick and/or gamey and sneak a recon pair just to touch it and back off. Which I did. Later I found out in the AAR, they got 100pts for occupying. Nice.

There's a lot of time but there's a lot to do. I didn't feel artificially push by the clock. It accounts for the natural lull in action. But definitely let's you know you don't have all day.

The map design is great. It's hell, bocage, narrow lanes. "Ahhhhh" was the constant theme. It was fun because the setting wasn't was so inhospitable. I lost all three tanks because i was treating them like dune buggies off roading in the Baja. The first two I lost being careless with way piots. one got caught in the water right off the bat. The tiger a little further. My last lasted almost to the end but the map got him too. I read how conditions effect tanks, but it never effected me like it did on this map. Basically this was an all infantry force for me. A lot of bocage blasting.

Also 1000 pionts for them causing greater than 40 percent casualties, seems a little high. I would only to replay it to improve my casualties if it made me suffer in a future map in a campaign. Not to say it anything wrong with the map. I just don't have the motivation to do so. If I take away those points I would have handily won. But as it stands I suffered minor defeat.

Ps last time I type something on a tablet :(

Thanks for feedback lookeylou!

I have uploaded final version to Reposition - should be online anytime soon.

I lowered 40% friendly casualty 'penalty' to 500 points (assigned to US ai player). So if you take all objectives you should get minor victory. If you keep casualties low and give hell to AI forces, you can get major victory. You're right that 1000 points was little too high for 40% casualties. :)

I might take 10-15 minutes out of time limit too. When play testing I usually end up remaining 20 minutes or even more.

I'm thinking reusing this map on defence-delay scenario as German forces. First I wanted to make mini campaign: first attacking, then delaying on same map. I might do both. :)