How many Fire Missions can your FO handle

In testing a scenario I am working on in author-test mode, I have a German FO on floor 6 of the 8 story cathedrel. I was getting more Arty than I anticipated raining down on my men. When I clicked on the FO he was coordinating 5 Fire Missions (4) 81mm On-Map Mortars, and one 120mm off map... Now that is pretty cool.... :) 3 were area fire, 1 was point, and 1 was linear...

In our niche in NATO we call the FOO's that's why, although I quite like some of their stuff, I could never buy a Foo-Fighters CD - just goes against the grain.

Mind you these FO's in the game mist have brains the size of planets to handle what they are doing. I've done a few multi-battery missions in a peace time training environment, ok as long as you are hitting one target, but these lads are able to run multi battery missions over targets scattered all over the place. Must have the ability to turn their necks like Owls!

I have tried in CMSF and more lately in CMBN to use on FOO to control multiple missions. What I found was that although the missions could be plotted to run in parallel they actually happened sequentially (i.e. spotting rounds on the second didn't start to fall until the first was, at least, into the FFE stage). Thus the delay in getting rounds onto target could actually be much longer than using a second spotter with an inferior request time (e.g. a platoon HQ).

Given TrailApe's comments I now wonder if my experiences were clouded by some other factors, though quite what I can't think (LOS and all the indicators were good).

i.e. spotting rounds on the second didn't start to fall until the first was, at least, into the FFE stage

Blackcat,

You might be right, I tend to get too close to the action to make rational observations. Lot's of explosions going on and I go all gooey.

Something to test tonight methinks.