are AT guns towable?

I know you can't bail out and get back in for static placements.

But, if they are towable, can you tow them into position deploy them and then move and retow like German le18 infantry gun? I know for static gun placements moving personnel is not possible to get out of the way.

I've never tried this, but can AT teams move the gun as a team? To a different spot?

I've read you can't tow the 88. I'm guessing this is because the towed arrangement was quite a bit different than the deployed arrangement and they didn't want to do the animations. This is just a theory of mine though. Maybe in the Commonwealth module we'll have that along with a sdkfz7 to tow it but it's probably not a priority.

I've read you can't tow the 88. I'm guessing this is because the towed arrangement was quite a bit different than the deployed arrangement and they didn't want to do the animations. This is just a theory of mine though. Maybe in the Commonwealth module we'll have that along with a sdkfz7 to tow it but it's probably not a priority.

Something like that was mentioned in another thread here, I believe. Also, the 'published' combined takedown/setup times on the weapon info panel add up to a rather significant chunk of a scenario. Tactically reactive assets, these are not :)

The crew is with the gun as long as the gun is not KO or bailed from. If you move the prime mover next to the gun, then select the gun and use the move command so it points at the prime mover with a down arrow, that directs the crew to hitch up the gun and then mount the prime mover. You do not have to load the crew separately or unload them separately, for game purposes they are part of the gun until killed or bailed from it. Think airplanes - pilot bails, aircraft lost. The ammo bearers do have to be loaded on the prime mover separately, however.