QB AI Auto Purchasing

Well that was interesting...

QB

Assault

Battle Size Tiny

larger hilly map (biggest i could find)

150% to Allies as attacker

US purchase manually (armoured company with vehicles) (2500 ish points to play with IIRC)

Germans auto purchase

1 hour.

Plan is to use my mobility on a large map to execute the perfect assault.

30 mins getting into position, creeping up unseen then hiding.

Spotted 5 + fox holes

10 min barrage

10 min assault

... wait a min nobody is shooting yet , maybe its one of them dont shoot back until they are within 25m AI plans.

Ok im in the foxholes , no germans , hit ceasefire. Oh the AI just purchased fox holes then ... that was a waste of 50 mins :D .... no german kills reported, no german icons on map, 8 friendly fire casualties :D ... not so perfect assault plan then.

Well that was interesting...

QB

Assault

Battle Size Tiny

larger hilly map (biggest i could find)

150% to Allies as attacker

US purchase manually (armoured company with vehicles) (2500 ish points to play with IIRC)

Germans auto purchase

1 hour.

Plan is to use my mobility on a large map to execute the perfect assault.

30 mins getting into position, creeping up unseen then hiding.

Spotted 5 + fox holes

10 min barrage

10 min assault

... wait a min nobody is shooting yet , maybe its one of them dont shoot back until they are within 25m AI plans.

Ok im in the foxholes , no germans , hit ceasefire. Oh the AI just purchased fox holes then ... that was a waste of 50 mins :D .... no german kills reported, no german icons on map, 8 friendly fire casualties :D ... not so perfect assault plan then.

Interesting delaying tactic: just hidden positions with nothing hidden in them.

That is certainly bizarre. I have found the computer generated mix is often unpredictable (and challenging). My last was as Germans (supposed to mixed) defending against a US infantry assault. I got two each of Panther, 88mm ATG, mortars + ammunition carrier, AT team. No infantry at all.

I played a large QB against the Americans. I purchased my own, let the AI automate for the US. I had 2 Panthers, 2 Tigers, a Stuh42, and a Battalion of Grenadiers. Well, the AI purchased something like 24 or 30 Stuarts, and one 105 Sherman and one M4A1 Sherman. Needless to say, I slaughtered the Stuarts, but only had one operational tank left. The Stuh was destroyed, and both Tigers and one Panther had the tracks blown off. The US was set to mixed BTW.