Ends of a house/loopholes

Yes they can. If a solid wall takes some rifle fire it DOES create small holes that the infantry can shoot out of in the game. Now the graphics will not show these holes but they are there. Try it yourself.

Question to battlefront and beta testers. Assuming the above is true (have not actually tried or tested it yet) would that mean that in developing a scenario you should set the houses to damaged if you want to allow for defenders having prepped it initially to provide for some covered firing positions? Would be curious to know for development of urban fighting scenarios.

• 2 years later...
Yes they can. If a solid wall takes some rifle fire it DOES create small holes that the infantry can shoot out of in the game. Now the graphics will not show these holes but they are there. Try it yourself.

Really??

I don't believe I've ever encountered this effect. In my experience, line of sight is blocked by a windowless/doorless building wall until the wall is destroyed, and the visual change is obvious. I've never seen a wall destroyed by small arms fire, just explosives (e.g. demo, bazooka, HE rounds).