My First Humble Offering

... has been submitted to the repository.

Anyone else want to host it?

Would have been released sooner but I blew a day trying to understand GIMP, and layers, and all that jazz. No luck.

Went back to Infranview and MSPaint, so please excuse the crude briefing area.

It's 2 AM and I am a tad too drunk and tired to finish and release the QB map right now... tomorrow is anothe... well later today. :D

Here are some pics from my latest test run.

A duel between a 'schrek team and an M8...

It was almost a full turn's worth of duel, but we will stick with the five pics that cover the meat of the engagement.

Turn starts with a miss by our Tube Guy™, followed by answering MG fire from the M8. Our boy reloads like he doesn't have a care in the world.

---

Sending one downrange ....

noexitpic1.jpg

-----

Yikes! A 37mm haircut incoming! (I swear it grazed his helmet and the bugger never flinched)

noexitpic2.jpg

-----

This can't end well ....

noexitpic3.jpg

-----

Nope, it doesn't.

noexitpic4.jpg

-----

To give you an idea of the actual engagement range, let's take a look at zoom 1.

noexitpic5.jpg

Buchholz there never once lost his nerve. The follow-through on the killing shot was like watching Arnold Palmer in his Prime. His little buddy however, missed most of the fun kissing the dirt. That 37mm round passing 4 inches from his face must have disturbed him I suppose.

-----

I can post more if you folks wish.

And I bet you thought because it's a B&P battle, it would be all Tiggers and Panthers...

Nope...

noexitpic9-1.jpg

noexitpic7-1.jpg

------

Here is someplace no sane person wants to be ...

noexitpic6-1.jpg

noexitpic10-1.jpg

-----

The big picture once everyone is on the field, but the sun has not risen yet.

noexitpic8a.jpg

-----

The LOS changes as dawn approaches are just scary sometimes. It helps that I slathered the map with XT Grass too.

A platoon can simply vanish if it so chooses.

----

The scenario is now up at the Mod Whor.. uhh Warehouse. :D

Many thanks GaJ for all your effort!

To any designers who have the time... feel free to critique the scenario even if you don't play it. Throw it in the editor or watch the plans run through their paces. I would wager that I am doing a few things either incorrectly or the 'hard' way.

Constructive critiques are welcome here.

"LOL.. what a noob... you should do it THIS way" is still welcome if instructive... just send those in PM please. :D

Even if my plans are not up to the task, the battle should be fun for two people who like lots of action.

-

OK, close to 100 downloads between GaJ's site and the Repo.

Rip me up guys.

Map, force, objectives, plans. I would like critiques in those four areas and how they affected each other for you.

My last scenario was made in '07 for CMBB, so I am assuming there are correctable flaws in my battle. I already have a list of my own that I will share if the discussion takes off here. No Exit is at ver 1.0. I would like to make a 1.1 in the near future that is more enjoyable.

I want to do better on my next one, so all informed critiques are welcome.

---

Please feel free to post things you liked(if any) as well. ;)

Thanks,

Carl