Pioneers and a Blasting bug

I am currently playing the 2nd mission of The Road to Montebourg Campaign and have come across a possible bug.

The south side of a two level building is directly adjacent to a tall row of bocage. Rather than use the front door, I thought that blasting a hole through the said bocage and south wall would allow me to make an impressive and unexpected entrance.

The unexpected did occur but not to my liking.

Firstly one charge blew a hole in both the wall and bocage. I was expecting to need two charges on consecutive turns to breach both obstacles. My pleasant surprise quickly changed to puzzlement as the pioneers proceeded to run around the building and enter the front door in order to reach the blast waypoint!

A second charge thru the breach widened it yet neither the pioneers nor a regular squad were able to enter thru it. Very odd.

While I'm on the subject of pioneers, could the programmers please consider modifying the blast command so that the unit maintains it's position after making a breach? Its a shame to throw away a demo charge laden unit when a regular squad can be timed to exploit the opening.

Also could you please consider a separate icon for Pioneer/Engineer units so that they are easy to distinguish from regular infantry? Its a very minor detail but it would reduce the amount of mouse clicks per turn if one could quickly find these units visually.

Thanks

This could be about the engineers or it could be about the building, or it could be about the building, the engineer and something else, like a wall or two building angles or then again it could be something else all together. Do you have the save game file? Can't help find the bug without it.

While I'm on the subject of pioneers, could the programmers please consider modifying the blast command so that the unit maintains it's position after making a breach? Its a shame to throw away a demo charge laden unit when a regular squad can be timed to exploit the opening.

Also could you please consider a separate icon for Pioneer/Engineer units so that they are easy to distinguish from regular infantry? Its a very minor detail but it would reduce the amount of mouse clicks per turn if one could quickly find these units visually.

Thanks

I second both of these issues. Pioneers or breach teams are very valuable in most battles. And they should never be the initial team to follow through the breach because we all know what's on the other side (or don't know). The specialize icon would be a great help also.

Does anyone know that if a breach team is eliminated, can other units pick up the left over demo charges?

"they should never be the initial team to follow through the breach "

You can set up the order so that they aren't. There was a thread around a while back in which a poster detailed exactly how to do this. I tested it and it worked, first time I have been able to do it in CMSF or CMBB. A search should turn it up.

35na4jo.jpg

Do it just like that and you will never fail, after the blast order you can move them anywhere, even double/triple blast the same spot.

2h4iy4w.jpg

There I am doubling-up just to make sure the hole is large enough for my tank to get through when he charges across the road.

Just move to a point one square away from the desired blast-point and plot a blast move into the hedge square directly adjacent; a couple of guys will poke their heads up and have a look through the hole, but they never go through, and quickly carry out whatever order is next in line.

I am never disappointed with this technique.

I tried your idea and it works great! Another great feature is that u can place a squad right up against the blast area and they suffer no ill effects from the detonation.

Sorry but I cant upload the save game file since even in zipped format it exceeds the size limit.