Players needed for CMBN Normandy 44

https://sites.google.com/site/cmbnnormandy44/

Above is a link to my website that contains a system for playing Combat Mission at an operational level by combining the game John Tillers Panzer Campaigns with Combat Mission.

All the system needs is an umpire who owns the relevant JTPZC game and at least two players or teams of players.

JTPZC is used to manoeuver units at the operational level and Combat Mission to resolve any combat.

I am going to run a scenario from JTPZC Normandy 44 utilising Combat Mission Battle for Normandy.

The JTPZC scenario i am using is an axis attack on the 101st Airborne around the town of Carentan 13th June 1944.

If anybody is interested could they reply to this thread informing me of the side they would prefer, their location, time period they can play CM and an estimate of their average weekly CM turn rate.

I have five players already and need another nine to start the game plus a reserve list in case of players dropping out.

All CM battles fought will be exactly 45 turns on maps 1 x 1 km with rear edge exit zones for tactical withdrawal purposes.

All CM battlemaps used will be taken from the quick battle or scenario map pool based on their compatibility with the operational terrain the combatants occupy.

I am going to have players from different time zones in this game and will try and match up players from the same time zone for CM battles, but if that is not possible i may CM turn rates start to drop off and delays are caused because of the time zone difference i may have to make it US or Euro only depending on the where the majority of signed up players are from, and at the moment that is the US.

Players also need to be able to process at least one CM turn a day, as long as that can be achieved i dont think time zones will be an issue.

I'm interested. German or US; makes no difference to me. I can normally spit out at least 1, but most likely more, turns per day. I am located on the US East Coast.

Ok i'll put you on the US side to balance the teams.

Could you send me a private message telling me what e mail address you want to use, then i can give you access to the Allied team website and chat room.

I'm interested. German or US; makes no difference to me. I can normally spit out at least 1, but most likely more, turns per day. I am located on the US East Coast.

Could you PM me the email address that you wish to use to send CM game file,then i can give you access to the Allied team website and chat room.

Interested! US or German, doesn't matter.

My location is Finland so time zone is GMT + 2. Normally one turn / day maybe more on weekends.

Could you PM me the email address you want to use to send CM files in this operation, then i can give you access to a team website and chat room.

I'd be interested in a few months if you re-run, do elsewhere, or expand.

Good luck with the project and please post an AAR.

I will pencil you in for the next one but its going to take a year at most to finish this unless the slowest CM turn rates are more than one per day.

As for an AAR, that would be good but it would have to be released after the event to maintain Fog of War as i would like the combatants to workout each others thinking on the battlefield rather than on a forum :)

I am totally down. I have been planning on playing h2h games as opposed to the AI. I think i lack in some areas because although i have been playing since CMBO, i have never played against a human oppenent. :)

Anyways, I dont care which side i get. I can usually get in a full game a day so no problems there. My time zone is GMT.

I am totally down. I have been planning on playing h2h games as opposed to the AI. I think i lack in some areas because although i have been playing since CMBO, i have never played against a human oppenent. :)

Anyways, I dont care which side i get. I can usually get in a full game a day so no problems there. My time zone is GMT.

Sorry mate but im looking to fill one slot only and thats for a US player so i have a balance of time zones.

I will put you top of the reserve list though in case a european player drops out.

I am in the US..

You said your time zone was GMT ?

Im concerned about your lack of experience at playing human opponents, unlike standard CM battles the CM battles in this operation will have consequences that will affect the whole team so i dont think its the best place to start playing H2H.

I will keep you in mind for the next operation i run which will give you plenty of time to get used to playing H2H.

Where can you get a copy of John Tillers game?

Interested in following your AAR's.

Why normany 44 does it allow for easy editing?

Thx

You can buy the Tiller games online.

Its better if the players find out about their opponents on the battlefield rather than reading a forum so i will not publish anything until the game is finished :)

I chose Normandy 44 because it was the correct Tiller game for CMBN, but yes, the editing for all the John Tiller Panzer Campaigns series is very easy.