Your three best and three worst things

Best:

1. Unit splitting options. -Just love this. Such great features here!

2. Weapons recovery, buddy aid and re-crewing.

3. Shooting from HT's.

Worst:

1. Low frame rates on high end systems. -Would really like multi-core support.

2. Lack of an armor only target arc.

3. Can't designate sniper only fire from sniper team.

Well I'm gonna do 4/4.

Good things:

:D Ability to issue fire orders from movement waypoints (huge)

:D Great animations, it's fun to watch the battle up close, though that will usually result in a loss hehe (less so on defense of course)

:D The overhauled fire support system is great and offers more way more tactical options than CMx1.

---Squad splitting options

(and of course the new QB system... I just didn't mention that since it was already in CMx1, though the new system is superior since you can attach a tank to an infantry platoon and that sort of thing which is def cool, and also the different rarity system which I like better)

Bad things:

:( No TCP-IP wego support or RT w/ Pause support (though wego would be necessary for 5000 point battles like those of yore in CMBB), that essentially limits the game to company size battles, which is sad given the amount of work that went into the game. Anything more than that and you're just not going to have time to enjoy watching the battle at all or be able to utilize all your elements to max efficiency. Unless you're playing PBEM of course, but that kills the tension and excitement for me. It's more fun when you know that your opponent (who could be several thousand miles away), is watching and waiting to see if that pak40 hits your tank at the same time as you heh. On a similar note, no multiplayer lobby. I think the game could gain a lot of new customers if it had one. Maybe we'll see someone come up with something like hyperlobby for IL-2? (i.e. user made, not released by Oleg and co.)

That's pretty much the gigantic one sticking out at me laughing at me in my sleep... but other than that:

:( No moveable waypoints.

--No cover armor arcs.

--No multi-core support.

I have some other quibbles like how it's difficult to spot breaks in the bocage and that sort of thing but most of those issues go away when not playing in RT. I don't find the interface hard to use at all so I'm not sure what people are complaining about there (try customizing your hotkeys maybe??). Also sometimes waypoints go "under" the map surface but again that's not an issue in wego since you can just make sure your unit is headed where you think it is by zooming in and inspecting it up close.

The very good

:) The mix of incredible detail (1/1 représentation, buddy aid, ammo count up to the single round) and large scale aspect of battles. This is very unique in wargame.

:) 1 email per turn in PBEM ! It means more battles, more fun

:) A small thing but which i really like: mention of the unit (eg : 2/175th Inf.). Add a lot of historical flavor, much better than the generic unit name of CMx1

The room for improvement

:(In the scenario editor, no possibility to turn roads than 0/45/90° directions , same goes for buildings. It makes it difficult sometimes to recreate actual french villages. But bocage is a real improvement.

:(No partisans (resistance) ! Hopefully they will come with a module.

Playing the game I feel like i have to learn things again from scratch after 10 years of Combat Mission...

Worst things

- No Network WEGO (Worst thing ever)

- No command Lines

- No movable waypoints

- No target lines

Best things

- Artillery impact. nothing better than watching your 150s and 120 Mortars level a little village.

- Infantry (every soldier is displayed)

- Campaigns (even if it could be even better with earning prestige and spend it on new troops (like Panzer General)