What is this?

Attaching pictures to posts is pretty useless because the board software shrinks them to too small size. Use imagehosting sites like www.imgur.com to upload images.

I think I know this, I have seen occasional dark 'patches' especially around dirt tiles in poor light conditions. I still haven't figured the connection between them - on some maps they occur but on some maps not. Some sort of elusive lighting bug.

I think I know this, I have seen occasional dark 'patches' especially around dirt tiles in poor light conditions. I still haven't figured the connection between them - on some maps they occur but on some maps not. Some sort of elusive lighting bug.

Exactly.

Sorry for the low quality pics. I will see what I can come up with. But at least it seems then to not depend on my rig only.

But for the sake of it:

E6300 dual OC 1.8 > 2.5

3.5 Gb RAM

Geforce 8800 GTS

XP SP3

Game working flawlessly otherwise.