We need MULTIPLAYER sub-forum please

Battlefront, Is there any chance we can get a multiplayer sub forum started for CMBN, and CMSF. This will alleviate the having to join clubs to find opponents outside of BF, and make it a one shop all. This will also eliminate the following post that appear every few pages or so “Looking for PBEM”, “Where do I find human players?, and the responses that go with them like go to Band of Brothers, or where ever. I don’t want to have to join a club when I already participate here. I don’t want to have to join a ladder if all I want is nice casual, friendly, completive game. I think people just want to place, or answer a thread regarding finding an opponent. The rest is then handled through personal messaging, email, or Ip address info exchanged.

The MULTIPLAYER SUB FORUM would be dedicated for posting games, accepting games, looking for PBEM type threads, and specific topics related to just multiplayer HvH.

Here would be some typical posts:

“Looking to start a PBEM” I’m open to anything, but meeting engagment QB is my favorite. respond, or send me a private message, and we will set a game up. Prefer WEGO PBEM, but open to RTS.

“Blues for Allah” I really want to play this scenario against a human. This is a blue attack red, and am only interested in playing as blue. 55 turns, and only interested in PBEM. I prefer to play veteran mode because I am not a fan of long time delays to keep things moving, but I am open to other modes too. Drop a response if interested in taking me on as red in defense. (Add “if you got the balls!”, and you are sure to get more responses than you can handle I’m sure :) Be careful though because you may have to eat some public “humble pie” if you throw it out there like that. ;)

After the players get a game started the original poster should post in the thread “Game closed” to let others know to look for another game. After the game this can be a place for the two players to post AAR’s on their game, or have public chat on their game if they want.

This will keep the post organized better so “looking for PBEM” type posts in the general games forum don’t get mixed in all the time. It will be a place finally on THIS forum to find opponents easily. I garentee if implemented people will find PBEM opponents within a day, or so of posting. RTS people might get a game right away, or set a time to play. I believe this is worth a try, and should not be too difficult to implement.

Thank you

What do you guys think to the following sub forum additions?

CMBN Multiplayer

CMSF Multiplayer

There has always been an "Opponent Finder Forum" here. Go to the main "Battlefront Forum" page and you'll find it down toward the bottom of the page. It was kind of dead for a while but, now that CMBN has been released, folks are starting to use it again!

Glad we have such a thing, but I never even noticed it down there, and I have been coming here for awhile. I think it would be found much easier, and would be organized better if it were seperated by game with an "opponent finder" specific sub forum under each root game much like the mod, and tactics forum are per game. Obvously people are not finding it easy where it is as there are many "Looking for PBEM" threads in with the general discussion area. Perhaps moving, and seperating to one multiplayer sub forum per game may be a good idea.

There has been a separate " opponent finder" forum for as long as I have been a member, that is how I first found MP opponents. There has never been enough traffic to justify breaking it down by games, most serious MP players eventually gravitate to one of the many gaming clubs out there.

Perhaps moving, and seperating to one multiplayer sub forum per game may be a good idea.

+1

I think most people don't use the other forum because it gets overlooked. That and most people don't feel like having to make a date to play a game.

I would like to sign in and see if any other players are online and hook up to play.I've tried using the Battlefront toolbar and I've only met one person so far. To me, this is the area in most need of improvement for the game.

What if game interface signed you into the above mentioned chat room? I'm not a programmer, but would that really be so difficult . . . seeing as the chat function is already there in the toolbar?

I think that Starting and maintaining a thread for multiplayer might work just as well. That was part of my impetus for the RT loving post yesterday. I would like to be able to find TCP/IP games easily. It ain't easy...

Bobo

Having an opponent finder forum for each game separately might be too much, as I don't think that having too many sub-forums is beneficial. But having one such forum for each game family might be a better way than the current one, as first of all, eg. many CMx2 players here own both CMSF, CMA and CMBN, most CMx1 players have the full set too, and likewise many Strategic Command players have more than just one of the games, and so forth. So you would reach the likely targets, and they would also be more likely to see your posts in the forum menu.

At the very least placing a sticky post "Opponent finder" with a link to that forum in each of the CMSF, and CMBN general discussion forums may be enough to advertise it better. like I said I have been on here for awhile and never noticed it way down at the bottom, as the games I play are on top of the list.