Angles of independent buildings

Can anyone tell me what the thing is about the angles of the large independent buildings in the editor?

As far as I can tell the largest of the independent buildings (barns, houses and commercial) can only be placed at "45-degree"-angles (relative to the edges of the map). How come?

It seems rather odd - and a bit annoying - that I´m only able to place buildings of certain sizes at certain angles - and for instance not parallel to "normal" 90 degree roads.

Is it a bug or have I just missed some basic info when it comes to how to place these building? I´ve searched the manual - but so far without finding an answer.

The game is slaved to the underlying action square grid. They can't get too fancy with odd angles because the buildings (and everything else) have to fall in such a way that soldiers will fit into them and behave as expected. Turning a building 33.3 degrees would be cool, until you find half your squad refusing to enter the building becase its straddling multiple action squares.

I have had a few struggles with this as well. Unless I am missing something(quite possible), certain building types are not available in 90 degree while others are not available in 45 degree.

In addition, until I get off my arse and write it all down in a graph, I cannot get the hang of which buildings on the bottom menus are one, two or three stories(again, I may be missing something).

Some things are just not published in the manual that I can find. Such as the little 'grid' tree option. Took a while for me to figure out that is the "orchard" setting.... not the "place 'em like flavor objects" setting. I was a really happy camper for a while, until I tried every click combo there was on a tree and it wouldn't move.

I am quite certain there are undocumented things in the editor that we can all treat as easter egss. ;)

-

certain building types are not available in 90 degree while others are not available in 45 degree.

Exactly. I "wasn't asking for odd angles" at all.

I just find it illogical that a building that is large can only be places at a 45 degree angle while smaller ones only can be placed at 90 degrees.

I could understand it, if ALL buildings could only be placed at 90 degrees or - preferably - all buildings could be placed in both 45 and 90 degrees.

But why the distinction between sizes and degrees?

Bumping this one. I´m really curious to know if this is deliberate or some sort of oversight that will be fixed later.

If it is deliberate I´d really like to know the reason

By the way, BFC:

I am generally very, very happy with the editor - I think you guys have done an outstanding job. Making maps is such a pleasure compared to CM1 :-)