What cannot be blasted through?

Anyone know what types of ground cannot be blasted through?Is there a certain thickness of materiel that cannot be blown?

I have created a wall from rock and paving stones to represent the sea wall at Omaha Beach.

When I instruct the breach teams of pioneers/engineers to blast a hole through it, it they do nothing.

Is it too thick? is it constructed of materials that together may not be demolished?

cheers

Anyone know what types of ground cannot be blasted through?Is there a certain thickness of materiel that cannot be blown?

I have created a wall from rock and paving stones to represent the sea wall at Omaha Beach.

When I instruct the breach teams of pioneers/engineers to blast a hole through it, it they do nothing.

Is it too thick? is it constructed of materials that together may not be demolished?

cheers

The "wall" is ground to the game, it doesn't matter what you've made it resemble. Engineers cannot blast through ground.

I think if you use terrain elevation points to construct a berm nothing short of battleship artillery is going to alter the terrain sufficiently - and maybe not even then. But theoretically soldiers will climb a chain of artillery craters up a slope they otherwise wouldn't have been able to cross. I've got to admit testers haven't spend much time trying to reduce terrain contour defenses. Its definitely not a task for engineers though.

Just so it's clear to me. Your saying, anything i construct from the land\ground\base part of the map cannot be blown?

So to represent the wall at Omaha Beach I'm going to have to use an actual wall placed onto the map?

If that is correct, is there a certain thickness that cannot be blown?

Just so it's clear to me. Your saying, anything i construct from the land\ground\base part of the map cannot be blown?

So to represent the wall at Omaha Beach I'm going to have to use an actual wall placed onto the map?

If that is correct, is there a certain thickness that cannot be blown?

You cannot blow up the ground, regardless of what it looks like, with demolition charges. Period.

Well to solve the problem i used a a stone wall placed on top of a raised rocky hump. Tested it to see if the Infantry could climb or go round the seawall. which they could not, so then asked the breach teams to have ago. It worked :-)