How do you get guys out of a vehicle at a waypoint?

I can say that WEGO is alot better than when the CMx2 engine first came out...it was very obvious that the CMx2 game engine had been designed for realtime play and WEGO as a secondary....I do hope we get those one or two commands that are lacking and which can make WEGO abit frustrating at times...still in the mean time you have to pre plan your move so the vehicle stops right near the end of the turn...then at the start of the next you can unload...otherwise if you do it the other way around your men could be sitting in a halftrack like sitting birds for 30 secs or so...

I can say that WEGO is alot better than when the CMx2 engine first came out...it was very obvious that the CMx2 game engine had been designed for realtime play and WEGO as a secondary....I do hope we get those one or two commands that are lacking and which can make WEGO abit frustrating at times...still in the mean time you have to pre plan your move so the vehicle stops right near the end of the turn...then at the start of the next you can unload...otherwise if you do it the other way around your men could be sitting in a halftrack like sitting birds for 30 secs or so...

Well, at least now in CMBN, the guys will debus as soon as it stops if they have a movement order. I was trying to get guys out and then move the vehicle in the same turn, which I couldn't do, but Rex J.'s post sorted me out for that one too.

So BF have obviously made improvements. Still, yes, the Acquire one does take 2 turns in WeGo.

Oh, I see what you mean, you were offering "how should the player think about this", not "why didn't BFC implement it".

In that case: yes, it's "learner drivers all over again".

Tanks lurch around, and vehicles don't know how to stop to let someone off...

GaJ

Things will gradually improve, the evidence is called CMSF. Maybe we will never be able to disembark guys at a waypoint, in my experience one minute maximum delay is never that crucial. But maybe I'm just used to it :)

Man that is very harsh. There are many improvements to stringing orders together in WEGO and the system is much more powerful than CMx1.

Even just the 5 second pause increments are an amazing increase in versatility.

I agree, I'm being a bit too simplistic. There have been improvements and the incremental pause is probably the most important for me.

However I do have the impression the that RT has been the primary focus of development. And it's nice and is a huge change over the CMx1 games - a real paradigm shift, to use the hackneyed saying. Unfortunately RT doesn't suit me. I simply don't like it - sorry.

So WeGo is there but hasn't really evolved in my mind. Incremental pause in, but armour cover arcs out. Deployment in, but classic hunt out. I'm still happy and I still love it. But I can't help but think that I shouldn't be restricted in the many of the same ways I was 10 years ago and looking for workarounds or advice to get orders down to my pixeltruppen. For example I'd love to see a table of commands for each unit being 'built' up within a text box on the screen:

1) Move to waypoint 1.

2) Face angle 320deg.

3) Pause 20sec.

4) Light target fire on Target 1 for 30sec.

5) Fast move to waypoint 2.

etc...

I agree, I'm being a bit too simplistic. There have been improvements and the incremental pause is probably the most important for me.

However I do have the impression the that RT has been the primary focus of development. And it's nice and is a huge change over the CMx1 games - a real paradigm shift, to use the hackneyed saying. Unfortunately RT doesn't suit me. I simply don't like it - sorry.

So WeGo is there but hasn't really evolved in my mind. Incremental pause in, but armour cover arcs out. Deployment in, but classic hunt out. I'm still happy and I still love it. But I can't help but think that I shouldn't be restricted in the many of the same ways I was 10 years ago and looking for workarounds or advice to get orders down to my pixeltruppen. For example I'd love to see a table of commands for each unit being 'built' up within a text box on the screen:

1) Move to waypoint 1.

2) Face angle 320deg.

3) Pause 20sec.

4) Light target fire on Target 1 for 30sec.

5) Fast move to waypoint 2.

etc...

Can you clarify that last part?

Sorry, Real Life interrupt. :-)

Well, at the moment we build up a series of orders in WeGo which we hope will keep our little pixeltruppen gainfully employed for 60secs. I would love to see the orders I am building up summarized in text as a table/list in an onscreen text-box (space on the lower RHS for this). So as well as a visual cues on as we currently get, I could also see it clearly written down so I can more easily see if I've made a mistake or what I'm asking for has been properly picked up.

It's just that I'd love to see a real step-change in WeGo. I personally feel it's still the way to play Combat Mission. So I guess in the end I'm simply looking for more control in WeGo to enable me to better string together a coherent set of orders. This would be the cherry on top of a fantastic cake.

If you want the crew and passengers to leave the vehicle at the start of the turn and walk to a destination, select the vehicle, press dismount and issue move orders.

If you want the passengers to leave the vehicle at the start of the turn and walk, and the vehicle to drive somewhere after the passengers have gone, select the passengers, press dismount, then issue move orders.

If you want the passengers to leave the vehicle at the end of the vehicle's movement, issue move orders to both units, don't press dismount.

If you want the passengers to leave the vehicle at a waypoint and have the vehicle keep moving after the passengers have dismounted, it can't be done. You'll just have to use pauses to have the vehicle arrive where you want the infantry to dismount as close to the end of the turn as you can.

So, you can use dismount to get troops out of a vehicle before it starts moving BUT if you issue a move command, they will ride until the vehicle has completed all its orders?

If you use dismount, do you have to use a pause command as well?

Thx

jonpfl