Cover Arc for Armour - I know, I know, but it's a biggie.

It is certainly possible to work around some of the missing elements in CMBN, such as 'Show all Target Lines' or 'Moveable Waypoints', but after playing a few games I am really noticing the absence of the 'Cover Vehicle Arc' command. Without it, ambushing armour becomes very difficult. This is especially true when playing the defender. You just have to hope that your troops don't open up on advancing infantry and give the game away.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are plans to include a 'Cover Vehicle Arc' in a future update? Is it high or low priority for BF?

Totally agree. I've got 88s and pak 40s opening up on squads and it's very annoying. Cant quite understand why a feature that was so good in CM1 was dropped for this version. Would have thought it would be a fundamental of the design. It puts loads more pressure on in real time too, not just annoying in WEGo, as it means having to manually keep the gun on hide until a tank walks into the intended area and then either maual target or just unhide. When the enemy is coming with several tanks and the defender has several AT guns this is really tough.

As an extra AT guns are wasting AP on infantry targets once their HE runs out. That's annoying too.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are plans to include a 'Cover Vehicle Arc' in a future update? Is it high or low priority for BF?

The official word is that Battlefront will have a re-look at the possibility of Armor Arcs at the next "major release, and not until then." That is when Battlefront will also have major changes in store for the User Interface (UI), i.e. to show (& have) more commands available with the redesigning of the game's UI. [The next major release = Battle of the Bulge family of games.]

Reason = Armor Arcs have a major impact on the TacAi and it is not just a simple issue of plugging it into CMBN without other possible issues being tested together with this.

Thanks for the official word.

Is there any chance then, that TacAI could be tweaked so that ( for instance ), AT guns/teams shoot armour only and have to be specifically targetted at non-armour targets ( something along those lines ) - which could alleviate a lot of the "problem" associated with a lack of Cover Armour Arc ?

You need to give AT really limited covered and open fire manually. Not such a problem in RT but awkward in WEGO.

The covered arc use in general was better in CMx1. The lack of a simple way to plonk a 180 degree arc to the front is also a loss. The CMx2 easy to use equivalent 360 arc sometimes results in guys looking odd directions especially after movement.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve. More than half the time I use arcs to stop guys from shooting and when I decide it is time to pour it on and I delete the covered arc what does my sqd leader say .... "Cease Fire."

Ideally it would be nice to have manual, 180, 360 arcs plus the anything and armour only variety.

It is simply to button them. Sometimes it is smart, sometimes not so smart.

Had a game the other night and the AI only had infantry left, I had a Stug that was pretty worried because he was about the only functional unit left, they nearly caused a bail/withdraw by firing small arms at it, I had to cancel 2-3 reverse orders and only just sent some HE rounds downrange in time.