My wish list: LemoN accepts the game refund and leaves the forums.

j/k

now now, a bit mean spirited. granted I wish people would check how they are issuing commands more and thinking "is what I am trying to do smart or am I just trying to force the game to do things my way even if it isn't the best move'. That isn't specific to Lemon, I think a lot of us, myself included, are struggling to figure out how to do things. One of the strengths of the game is I have enough options at my fingertips to order tactically sound commands that are very detailed. One of the issues for those lacking patience is .... I have enough options at my fingertips to order tactically sound commands that are very detailed.

I think my learning curve has at least a small angle to it. :D But the first thing is you have to have some patience and a willingness to start with "am I doing some thing wrong (probably yes) and is there a better way to do this (again probably yes)."

My wish list - I need more playing time. Thankfully I have saved up my pto and am planning to have some serious dedicated time.. right after the wife heads to visit family in Japan.

*snip* I think a lot of us, myself included, are struggling to figure out how to do things. One of the strengths of the game is I have enough options at my fingertips to order tactically sound commands that are very detailed. One of the issues for those lacking patience is .... I have enough options at my fingertips to order tactically sound commands that are very detailed.

I think my learning curve has at least a small angle to it. :D But the first thing is you have to have some patience and a willingness to start with "am I doing some thing wrong (probably yes) and is there a better way to do this (again probably yes)."

My wish list - I need more playing time. *snip*

You've crystallized my thoughts eloquently.

I could give several examples (having come directly from CMx1 to CMBN) of where I've simply "done it wrong". After yelling at my troops for being idiots and eventually recomposing myself, I've often had "aha" moments. Or, flat-out "wow, I'm retarded" moments. :D

And I'm not talking about work-arounds for "broken" gameplay, but simply using the commands, terrain, and information to better effect, and advantage.

As far as my wishlist, so far:

1) stop small arms from engaging AFVs at range

2) reduce range at which bazookas/fausts/shreks will engage

3) make the AI unit-picker smarter in QB setup (BF has acknowledged an issue with it, especially in smaller battles)

4) fire! fire! fire! (optional use of Beavis voice here); want to see random fires start on occasion---trees, buildings, wheat fields; fire-making weapons a bonus

5) Map Editor:

a)more terrain info(in 2D view; mainly would like roll-over to identify terrain tile---would be a substantial time-saver when designing)

B) make camera stay put in 3D view upon exit, like it does in "deploy" mode, rather than reverting to the far map corner each time---BIG time/tedium saver for map-makers. ("deploy mode" workaround is fine, just seems logical to have 3D view work the same way)

5) well...everything that's coming in future modules :)