Reality check on keyboard/keypad commands

So, for my first post here in two years … :)

There seems to be some discrepancy between what the manual says about keyboard/keypad commands and what actually happens (at least on a Mac), to wit:

1. The manual says that the arrow keys control the camera like the W, A, S & D keys, but the arrow keys actually work like the Q, E, R, F keys. IIRC this was also true in CM1. The reference to the arrow keys being useful for fine-tuning may be true but only in the context of what they actually control.

2. The manual implies that the number keys on the keypad will give different orders to the game than the numbers on the keyboard. Not the case, and I have trouble believing it is even possible for an application to tell if the number keys are coming from the keypad vs coming from the keyboard. Also the / key will always be read as Deploy, even if pressed on the keypad. I remember using the keypad to control the camera in CM1, so is there a reason why it should work differently in CM2?

I have confirmed this on two different keyboards.

Just want to see what others have to say on this, in case I'm missing something.

Same experience (also on a Mac)... the number keypad acts exactly like the numbers on the keyboard. I've tried hitting 'num lock' and other combinations, and nothing seems to have an impact.

Not a show-stopper by any means, but it would be nice to have access to the full range of keyboard/numerical pad orders that the manual talks about.

• 2 months later...