Battle ended too soon......

Okay, I know this from CMSF/NATO (bought it, played it and got bored of it) that the battle ends when the moral/casualties of the other side get too bad but it never really bugged me in CMSF/NATO because after beating on a weaker side I just wanted it to end.....but....in the demo "busting out of bocage" it really did but me....I worked so hard to set up my HQ's to get line of sight on the anti-tank gun....on the ridge line...on the houses....I timed the howitzer/mortar fire to come in a "Crescendo of Doom" I wanted to watch the fire rain down on my enemy and then I wanted to send in my infantry to mop up whatever survived....but just before this could happen, a small firefight breaks out...a German soldier gets killed then "GAME OVER".

What a let down. Is there a way to stop this from happening in the options?

And i beg someone to explain to me how to change the timer options in the demo..Im a slow paced man in this game i.e. i wanna lose just 1 or 2 men in a battle but only 45mins to do this! is there any way i can even "mod" this timer for longer? Even if theres no offical way to do it there must be some file i can edit?

Found it to be the other way myself, played through Busting the Bocage last night as Germans at difficulty level warrior and by the time I got down to 20 mins it was all over bar the shouting. Just had to keep pressing the go button and fast-forwarding through the minute until it finally ended. Tactical victory for what it's worth.

no problem there, this is normal since CMx2 where we have WEGO and RT side by side. RT players always want more time and WEGO players finish the same scenarios often long before it ended.

so scenario designers need to find a balance between leaving enough time for RT players and not giving WEGO players abundant amount time.

the demo battles on the tiny maps are fine for 45 minutes i found, its a reasonable balance.

Ordeal, I went into the editor on most scenarios in CMSF and changed the time limits in order to give myself more time. I play RT, and I like to attack a little more deliberately, so I need it! I plan on doing the same in CMBN. Hang on, when the game gets here, you'll be able to tweak it all you want.

Thanks for the reply Pandur. As a first time player of the series i would of liked to had as much time as i wanted to complete the missions. Each to there own i guess hah

Unfortunately, changing the time available for a mission isn't as simple as you might think.

First-off, it's a scenario, and the duration of it is part of its parameters. If you had longer, things might be easier, and Victory Points would have to be handed out in a different way to remain meaningful.

Second, and more technical, the AI runs according to a "Plan", which has certain things happen after a certain length of time. If you had more time, the Plan would have to be different.

Third, it's a demo. In the full game, you could edit what you liked in the scenario editor, but there have to be some restrictions.

Fourth, it might make no darn difference in any case. The longer you futz about, the longer Jerry has to drop 81mm on your head. Snooze = Lose... :)

If you want time to fiddle, play WEGO, or just abuse the Pause button. Try something and reload if it doesn't turn out quite how you expected. It doesn't matter how many goes it takes you to beat the intro scenario, or how many hours it takes fine-tuning your moves, so long as you're enjoying it :) It's not like it locks itself unplayable once it finishes the first time, or you can't go back to a previous save and try a different tack (I've taken to saving before submitting the turn and then saving a replay, so I can try things like breaching, fire mission adjustments or complicated maneuver evolutions and get some idea of how long such things can take).