toggle rain

Toggle on/off weather, covering arcs, and target lines as in CMx1 would be nice. Especially for the overpowering arc graphics that totally kill the eye candy. Many times I will not set an arc simply because I don't want to look at it. I have proposed a NEW ROTATE command on the CMSF forum that looks basically like the face line, but would be a different color. This rotates the direction of the turret you want without having to draw arcs, or worry about your unit ignoring things outside the arc. In essence it gives a quick, more visually pleasing max 180 degree arc without having to constantly draw them, and without the restrictions tied to arcs. This would be a general point/look in that direction order. Arcs would only be used for more refined areas of coverage and depth. Hope BF considers some these requests.

Are the arcs mod friendly? I wouldn't mind seeing them being ghosted a bit more either although they do the job the way they are now.

it is my understanding they are hard coded, and cannot be modded. if it were possible it would have been done years ago. I loath seeing them, so I hope some better solutions such as the ROTATE command, or toggle on/off can come into affect.

The rain is very fast performance-wise and should not cause serious slowdowns. Turning off shadows will almost always net you a faster experience - they look great but they are expensive.

You know what? I think everyone forgot that rain could toggle in CMx1! I do not recall a single Beta tester bringing it up as a suggestion. Not that its a bad idea, it just illustrates how CMx1 is fading so far into the past we can hardly use it as a 'benchmark' anymore. In the same way some posters don't know what we're talking about when we reference CMSF features, we're starting to get a bit shaky on CMBO/BB/AK features, ourselves. CMAK was two (almost three) full games, three giant module packs and perhaps twenty significant game patches ago. :rolleyes::o