is there a mount command and

really? I thought a gunner was a gunner.. any thoughts on why this design desicion to not share .. even across same types? remember Wittman jumped from dead tank to live etc???

I hope you aren't suggesting that Michael Wittman is in any way representative of the average tank soldier in WW2 .....?

no, what I am sugggesting is that a gunner from a sherman, after bailing out, could easily crew another sherman.. not too much of a streatch there

Perhaps. However, you may want to consider that if a tank crewman were bailing out of a tank there was probably a good reason for him to not want to be in there in the first place - and maybe that crewman won't be so eager to meet the enemy after exiting the tank he was in. Try to imagine yourself in a confined space .... a loud Crack ..... sparks flying .... the smell of sulphur ..... you look behind you and the man sitting next to you no longer has a head and blood is splattering all over the interior .... is the tank on fire? Full of the fear of burning alive you attempt to open your hatch .... it's stuck!! Try the hatch again ... and again ... wiggle it a bit .... finally the hatch opens. You jump onto the deck of the tank but you are tangled up in your intercom wires and enemy machine gun bullets are whizzing about. Finally you free yourself from the entangling wires and make it to the ground - fortunately in one piece.

Your next reaction will be

a) I'm done for the day - that was quite enough thank you (likely)

B) Bring it on - I've only begun to fight (very unlikely)

In fact, I've yet to read of a single personal account where a tank crewman remanned a vehicle that they've just recently bailed out of. A commander might mount a different vehicle to continue in command of their unit, but not your average crewman. It might be good to remember that what is being simulated in the game is a nasty, dirty, bloody, terrifying, and chaotic environment. Actions that may seem reasonable while sitting in your home playing a game that represents actions in a fairly clinical environment with pixeltruppen who have no fear would be shown to be to be almost totally unreasonable and extraordinary when done in real life.

back to the mount command.. how do you get troops that leave.. even an undamaged acv, perhaps one you order to dismount.. back in?

In order to load pixeltruppen into a vehicle, just select the troops you want to load, select a movement command of some type, then move the cursor over the vehicle you want to mount. The cursor should change to indicate that you can mount if eligible (I don't remember the exact colors). If eligible to mount just click on the vehicle and your truppen will load up.

another question to the missing mountcommand....

i have two at-guns both with some dead soldiers.

is it possible to abandon one gun, send the remaining

crew with its amo to the second at-gun and obtain

an at-gun with full personnel ?

Klinge, no - you could use the bailed out crew to bring more ammo to the other gun, but they cannot join the gun team. However, it might not be a good idea to follow, as just one lucky 81mm grenade could take that one ATG out. With both ATGs in action, the enemy will need two lucky 81mm's. :D

I think this was a bad design decision. While I agree a crew that is broken, shaken, etc would not get in another tank, a crew that is not in a bad state would when ordered. Tanks were taken over by different crews for many reasons.
Indeed some were. Though this is not the real issue here. Charles decided, among a list of thousands of possible features, if not more, that this is they way it will be, given his programming time, his priorities, the law of diminishing returns if he spends too much time programming X feature to a further degree, at the expense of features ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, given the fact that other features also need to be addressed and simulated/abstracted to a certain extent. So he does the best he can do, he programs some limited re-crewing in certain specific instances.

The point is, if he programmed all the "design decisions" everybody wants and needs, we still be awaiting CMBO. It's a financial decision, made by Charles/Steve. And since it's financial, I doubt Battlefront would be hemorrhaging monies if a specific issue/feature is not to (some) people's X-degree of simulation and/or liking.

Try to imagine yourself in a confined space .... a loud Crack ..... sparks flying .... the smell of sulphur ..... you look behind you and the man sitting next to you no longer has a head and blood is splattering all over the interior .... is the tank on fire? Full of the fear of burning alive you attempt to open your hatch .... it's stuck!! Try the hatch again ... and again ... wiggle it a bit .... finally the hatch opens. You jump onto the deck of the tank but you are tangled up in your intercom wires and enemy machine gun bullets are whizzing about. Finally you free yourself from the entangling wires and make it to the ground - fortunately in one piece.

You sir, need to start writing books :)