Graphics Problem

I posted earlier about a problem I'm having with the mission editor but it seems to have not been responded to. Well I started the "Busting the Bocage" (or whatever its called) mission and after I set everything up the grass tiles appear white when close but at a distance it turns back to grass. The "wallpaper", for lack of a better term, around the sides of the map is also white and the leaders binoculars also appeared white. I'm runing an ATI graphics card, but I've had no problems with previous CMX2 graphics. My guess is the rain because the other missions work fine, but its odd that it happened in the editor and now its happened in a mission.

I posted earlier about a problem I'm having with the mission editor but it seems to have not been responded to. Well I started the "Busting the Bocage" (or whatever its called) mission and after I set everything up the grass tiles appear white when close but at a distance it turns back to grass. The "wallpaper", for lack of a better term, around the sides of the map is also white and the leaders binoculars also appeared white. I'm runing an ATI graphics card, but I've had no problems with previous CMX2 graphics. My guess is the rain because the other missions work fine, but its odd that it happened in the editor and now its happened in a mission.

It seems not all textures are present in the editor, in order to save bytes in the demo. The editor is just there to get a general feel, I think, not to create masterpieces (which would be a waste anyway, because you cannot save it).

If particularly funky things are happening with your graphics I'd visit your machine's ATI options control center. I have an older ATI card and am not exactly happy with it. Try ditching the anisoptric filtering or adaptive anti-aliasing... Basically just click stuff on and off, turn the setting up and down until your ATI card starts cooperating with the game.

I use Server 2003 as an operating system, and ATI doesn't support that (no wonder, who would want an advanced graphical card in his server, but me).

So I had to attach the (XP) drivers to the device by hand, and now I don't have an ATI control centre. Fortunately, the default settings prove to be perfect for CMx2, and I cannot worry about what setting I should apply :-)

If particularly funky things are happening with your graphics I'd visit your machine's ATI options control center. I have an older ATI card and am not exactly happy with it. Try ditching the anisoptric filtering or adaptive anti-aliasing... Basically just click stuff on and off, turn the setting up and down until your ATI card starts cooperating with the game.

Thanks for the info. Is there a particular place I can find the control center?

Assuming you are using Windows, and you don't see an icon in your lower right task bar try looking under control panel in your start menu (that's where NVidia usually installs theirs to).

Mord.