Mac-specific issues

1) I can't find the hotkeys.txt file to modify to give me back my direct access hotkeys.

2) Since there doesn't seem to be a battlefront toolbar for mac to bring me the BF chat forum automatically, where do I need to go and what do I need to look at in order to access the default chat room?

battlefront tool bar? BF chat room? anyone really using this? i dont want to belittle the tool bar :D but what is the reason to use it? derbius, you are the first guy i read about that is using the chat room and the tool bar.

what can you do with it that you cant do without it?

1) I can't find the hotkeys.txt file to modify to give me back my direct access hotkeys.

2) Since there doesn't seem to be a battlefront toolbar for mac to bring me the BF chat forum automatically, where do I need to go and what do I need to look at in order to access the default chat room?

1) the hotkeys.txt file is inside the App. Right click to "show package contents", then look under Resources/Data.

2) You can download the toolbar for Safari from here: http://battlefrontcom.ourtoolbar.com/

battlefront tool bar? BF chat room? anyone really using this? i dont want to belittle the tool bar :D but what is the reason to use it? derbius, you are the first guy i read about that is using the chat room and the tool bar.

what can you do with it that you cant do without it?

The toolbar, right now, is not much more than a browser plugin that provides you with a link to Battlefront's news, alerts you to forum posts and the like. There are some other nifty apps you can get for it, too, provided by Conduit.

We will expand on the Toolbar at some point to add multiplayer functionalities, such as a PBEM Helper, and get a proper chat lobby for hooking up for multiplayer games, too. At least that is the plan. It just keeps getting postponed because of those pesky games we gotta do once in a while :)

Guest Paulyboy69

Hello,

Where exactly is this "Display Size.txt" in the Mac version. I've looked everywhere in my home folder and in the game's package contents?

Also what's the keyboard equivalent for right-clicking in the Mac version? In other games it's usually Command-click or Control-click but neither of those seems to do anything here.

Other than that the Mac version seems to run pretty well and look great on my iMac (27" iMac I7 late 2009, 2.8 mhz, 8 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB, Mac OS 10.6.7) using Battlefront's recommended settings for my iMac (nice touch btw). :)

The only real problem I have with the game is the screen edge mouse camera control. It's really sensitive and only marginally better with that processing option (I don't remember the name) on. Frankly I wish I could just completely turn the screen edge mouse camera control off and just use the arrow keys or right-click and drag option. I'm playing the game with a head-operated mouse so the camera is jumping all over the place because of this (Hey Phil, you might remember me from the Inside Mac Games forums).

In any case after only a brief look it's clear that alot of hard work and dedication went into this game and I look forward to getting my butt kicked repeatedly (until I brush up on WW2 strategy and tactics and get accustomed to the complex nature of the game that is!). :)

-PN